1996 - 97 Milwaukee Bucks alt jerseys

Discogod

I owned one of those Robinson jerseys just because I was so geeked to see the Bucks back in green. I still prefer these to the purple jammies which they kept around for way too long (and I never cared for to begin with).

If they'd have just had a green version of the purple roads, they'd have looked great. The first time I saw those I was like "WTF?", but looking at them now I like 'em, in a kitsch way. Harkens back to a time when teams weren't afraid to try something different.

That's exactly why I like them. They were different, and for all the hate that people leave on gradients, I think they kinda worked. It's kind of a whole package for the '90s with the Hawks gradient and logo on the front, but these were really nice for a short-time use.

Great find on the pictures. I must be out of touch on my Google image works. Couldn't find any cards on eBay either.

Ah, good times. Vin Baker's 2-inch vertical versus Dikembe's murderous elbows, all of this being displayed in 2 gloriously awful jerseys.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Yeah, I searched all over the net and couldn't find anything. Ended up going through some 10-year-old basketball magazines I have stashed in my wardrobe...

I'm beginning to think that they're trying to delete all evidence of these uniforms, like the Nets and their 1990-91 set (at least the away uni's that were called the worst ever).

I remember really liking those (almost bought a replica at Boston Store in Mayfair, as I recall).

I do wish that they had gone forward with the later green alts, though. Those would have been beautiful.

Heh... I got mines at Boston Store at the Grand...

And I doubt I would've had nearly as much of a problem with those if green was the primary color. 13 years later and I'm still trying to think of a logical (or practical) reason for using purple.

Archived