Bold Notre Dame Prediction

NJTank

This is the year they lose to Navy

Looking at their schedule the rest of the way they will be 0-8 going into that game, as they will go on to finish 2-10

09/01 Ga Tech L 33-3

09/08 at #14 Penn State L 31-10

09/15 at Michigan L 38-0

09/22 Mich St 3:30 PM

09/29 at Purdue TBD

10/06 at #11 UCLA 8:00 PM

10/13 #21 BC 3:30 PM

10/20 #1 USC 3:30 PM

11/03 Navy 2:30 PM

11/10 Air Force 2:30 PM

11/17 Duke 2:30 PM

11/24 at Stanford 3:30 PM

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Um, first of all. I have a 160 IQ, and that's not on a scale of 1-1,000. Call me dumb again and I'll beat you in chess.

Second, I wasn't making any sort of reference to racial slurs. I just went back and checked the thread, thrice (that's three times, for those of you without a 160 IQ) and saw no reference to a racial slur. Only a bunch of people complaining to answers that were uninformed by a bunch of people none of us would call for a life line.

And third, why shouldn't Chris charge? It'll thin out the pack so so one here has to deal with the uninformed.

Sorry to have raised such a ruckus. The only sarcasm in my reply has to do with my 160 IQ.

All I can say for them is thank God they scheduled Duke.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Um, first of all. I have a 160 IQ, and that's not on a scale of 1-1,000. Call me dumb again and I'll beat you in chess.

Second, I wasn't making any sort of reference to racial slurs. I just went back and checked the thread, thrice (that's three times, for those of you without a 160 IQ) and saw no reference to a racial slur. Only a bunch of people complaining to answers that were uninformed by a bunch of people none of us would call for a life line.

And third, why shouldn't Chris charge? It'll thin out the pack so so one here has to deal with the uninformed.

Sorry to have raised such a ruckus. The only sarcasm in my reply has to do with my 160 IQ.

All I can say for them is thank God they scheduled Duke.

*laughs at the post xyzzyva quoted*

I'm not sure how bold that prediction really is. I wouldn't say it's probable to happen, but nobody could claim to be surprised if it does.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wins vs Duke & Air Force only!??

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I was kind of holding my tongue on that, but thanks. ^_^

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My only question is will lily-white Notre Dame fire Charlie Weis or will he be given more opportunities to turn it around like Willingham was?

Wait... Ty Willingham wasn't given any opportunity. Just as his players were getting into the system, he was canned.

Yes, I understand "their guy" was available, and it wasn't race driven, but I just don't understand firing a college coach after 3 years.

I never understood the love or hate of coaches in college (all sports) their first couple years. They aren't his players. Urban Meyer in Florida won 2 titles with Ron Zook's players. Weis won with Willingham's (and now he's losing with them). Illinois Basketball went to the final four with Bill Self's players and Bruce Weber gets an extension. It makes no sense to me. I think you've got to give a coach at least 4 years to get his system into place along with his players before you make any decisions.

I'm not saying any of the aforementioned coaches aren't any good...but lets give them a few years to be declared 'amazing' or 'total crap'

Urban Meyer in Florida won 2 titles with Ron Zook's players.

Ron Zook had the talent to win titles from Spurrier, but didn't.

Ron Zook had the talent to win titles from his own scouting, and didn't.

That's why Florida gave him the boot. And judging by today's performance, Urban will be winning titles with his players soon enough. :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Urban Meyer in Florida won 2 titles with Ron Zook's players.

Ron Zook had the talent to win titles from Spurrier, but didn't.

Ron Zook had the talent to win titles from his own scouting, and didn't.

That's why Florida gave him the boot. And judging by today's performance, Urban will be winning titles with his players soon enough. :D

Like I said, I'm not saying Urban Meyer isn't a great coach. He made the program at Utah what it is today. But I just think giving him too much praise or ridicule too early isn't the correct way to go about it. The college game so much is dependent on recruiting AND coaching the game itself that you have to have both to be great. You just look at guys like Zook who can recruit like no other, but seems lacks when it comes to coaching aspect of the game. Weis seems to be a good on field coach, but can he bring in the players without the mystic of Notre Dame?

My point was more about firing Willingham after 3 years and then claiming Weis to be the next great ND coach after 2 BCS appearances.

As for Weis receiving an extension in his first year let's remember the context in which he received it. It happened in response from rumors (I can't remember if it was from SI or ESPN) that a few NFL teams were going to try to hire Weis in the offseason. If I also remember correctly one of those teams rumored to be going after him was the NY Giants which would have been tempting for him to leave ND when you consider Weis is from New Jersey, where he grew up, got into coaching, and had stints as an assistant under Parcells with both the Giants and Jets. It was simple demand, other teams wanted him and thus Notre Dame afraid to lose him after one successful season gave him the premature contract extension. Had Willingham had NFL teams after him after his 8-0 start he would have gotten an extensions.

Now I agree Willingham was given the hook too quickly and never got a chance. If Weis didn't receive that contract extension he would be on the chopping block right now (he isn't because it's too costly with the extension).

Archived