NBA Next Uni or Logo Changes

juggoo

Am I the only one who dislikes this trend in forward-facing animal mascots with one half of the face one color and the other half a seperate? It was unique when the Mavs did it. But then the Grizzlies did it. And now the Bobs. Most of the time originality, not ripping off the idea of another franchise, is supported by these boards.

We are one!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree. As much as I'd like to see the full forward facing Bobcat head take place of the current, it is too repetitive as the Grizzlies, Timberwolves, and Mavericks already use the shaded faces. The one where the head is engulfed by a basketball wouldn't work as a primary, either. I definitely like these logos as alternates, but they need to shoot for another primary.

The Pistons' anniversary logo is a nice, classy logo...but something isn't right. Unless they skipped a season (which they haven't), this season should be their 51st in Detroit. If they were celebrating 50 calendar years in Detroit, then fine...but that logo should have used last season.

The Pistons' anniversary logo is a nice, classy logo...but something isn't right. Unless they skipped a season (which they haven't), this season should be their 51st in Detroit. If they were celebrating 50 calendar years in Detroit, then fine...but that logo should have used last season.

This year is the 50th Anniversery, not the 50th year in Detroit. If you're getting married, your first anniversary is the year after the wedding not the wedding day.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this has come up anywhere else, but why are the Lakers wearing yellow at Phoenix (who is in orange)? I know that if a home team wears an alternate, their opponents are suposed to wear their homes. In the past, the Lakers whave worn their alternates as well. Why the sudden change?

I don't know if this has come up anywhere else, but why are the Lakers wearing yellow at Phoenix (who is in orange)? I know that if a home team wears an alternate, their opponents are suposed to wear their homes. In the past, the Lakers whave worn their alternates as well. Why the sudden change?

Cuz the Lakers usually always wearthe yellow/gold at home!

Not sure if this has been mentioned...during the Celtics/Wizards game, it seemed that the Wizards changed the nameplate font on the back of their road uni's from the old white lettering to their gold shade...can't recall if there was a border around it at all.

I noticed that. It did not look good at all and was hard to see from a distance on TV.

Archived