NBA Next Uni or Logo Changes

juggoo

We'll also be seeing a LOT of hardwood classics stuff this year.

Boston Celtics (Road 1956-57)

Chicago Bulls (Road 1995-96)

Detroit Pistons (Home 1957-58)

Golden State Warriors (Road 1974-75)

Houston Rockets (Road 1993-95)

Los Angeles Lakers (Home 1987-88)

Miami Heat (Home 1988-89)

New York Knicks (Home 1972-73)

Philadelphia 76ers (Home 1982-83)

San Antonio Spurs (warm-up only)

Really looking forward to a lot of these!

It'll be fun to see if anyone can tell the difference in the Bulls jersey's from the Jordan years to now.

The only real difference is the trim/piping and the logo above the names.

Unless....[gasp]....they pull out the old black w/ red pinstripes....[salavates at the thought]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I get attacked as to why I hate those original Heat uniforms so much, I thought I'd give an example of what made them so bad. Take a look at this number - from their home uniforms:

MiamiHeat_Nbr3_1997-1998_SOL.gif

Look at that clunky-ass thing...it combines dropshadows, unneccessary outlines and different styles into one convenient package.

Before I get attacked as to why I hate those original Heat uniforms so much, I thought I'd give an example of what made them so bad. Take a look at this number - from their home uniforms:

MiamiHeat_Nbr3_1997-1998_SOL.gif

Look at that clunky-ass thing...it combines dropshadows, unneccessary outlines and different styles into one convenient package.

Weren't the Heat just mimicking the Lakers of same time period?

02500_jabbjes000005.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Weren't the Heat just mimicking the Lakers of same time period?

Yeah - pretty much. A pretty poor copy, if you ask me:

MiamiHeat_HUN_1997-1998_SOL.gif

What is astounding about the Heat in that era, was the "coolness" of the logo, vs. the clunkiness of the uniform design.

It's no wonder that they eventually changed the logo and unis - besides the headaches of using gradients, they used custom color mixes for the Red and Yellow (the Orange was a "blend" of the Red and Yellow). Not only custom colors, but - and stay with me here - but a custom four-color print job where instead of Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black, they used Cyan-RHODAMINE RED-Yellow-Black for both the Red and Yellow. I kid you not. What printing nightmare that must have been.

it's the homer in me. i miss those. forgive me.

Don't worry...I understand. :P

I was just mad when they originally unveiled those. I LOVED the logo (at least, the concept of the logo), but was REALLY disappointed in the unis. In my opinion, the current unis are so much better. Although, I wish they'd use a little bit more Yellow.

Does anyone know which uniforms these are? Anyone have any pics?

Here's the Pistons 1958 jerseys:

pistons_19581960_240.jpg

The participation in hardwood classics is part of their 50th season in Detroit celebration. I hear they may also have a special center court logo for this season, most likely their anniversary logo:

50seasons_250.jpg

We'll also be seeing a LOT of hardwood classics stuff this year.

Boston Celtics (Road 1956-57)

Golden State Warriors (Road 1974-75)

Los Angeles Lakers (Home 1987-88)

Miami Heat (Home 1988-89)

New York Knicks (Home 1972-73)

Philadelphia 76ers (Home 1982-83)

San Antonio Spurs (warm-up only)

Really looking forward to a lot of these!

I wonder if the Warriors "Road" unis from 74-75 will be the blue ones true to the era, or if they'll be yellow - home unis back in the day, which the NBA now deems a "road" color?

Other than the Bulls logo on the back above the nameplate, are these any different than what they wear now? Unless they use the black third jersey with pinstripes.

jordan_95_01.jpg

I wonder if the Warriors "Road" unis from 74-75 will be the blue ones true to the era, or if they'll be yellow - home unis back in the day, which the NBA now deems a "road" color?

Tell that to the Lakers.

Other than the Bulls logo on the back above the nameplate, are these any different than what they wear now? Unless they use the black third jersey with pinstripes.

jordan_95_01.jpg

Not really.

It would make more sense to wear the black third with the pinstripes.

"Everyone has good and bad days".

jordan_95_01.jpg

Not really.

It would make more sense to wear the black third with the pinstripes.

The other difference that I see is the piping around the neck and sleeves in that picture. Other than that and the aforementioned Bulls logo on the back above the nameplate, I don't see any other differences.

The Pacers and Hornets both have two-tone court also, except their's are along out of bounds. I believe from what I heard, the Atlanta Hawks Cout will be the same.

Indiana:

ind.png

In OKC:

okc.png

...but now that they're back in NO:

no.png

ATL's new court:

atl.jpg

ujsignature.png

Not a logo or uniform change, but the Rockets are the latest team to join to the Cavs and Suns in having a color-less baseline and bleached-in 3-point semi circle (except for the team name, of course) on their home floor...

http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/court_redesign.wmv

Funny that you mention Cavs and Suns. I believe the order went like this:

1.) Suns

1.) Sonics (interchangably; I think one was before the other, but I forget)

3.) Wizards

4.) Bucks

4.) Raptors

6.) Cavaliers (kind of with the group above, but I think Cavs were last to implement the changes, because they weren't up until right before the season began)

7.) Bobcats (this year: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/ric...ral_070615.jpg)

8.) Rockets

Last year:

cha.png

...this year:

chaa.png

ujsignature.png

Archived