Professional Four-square?

DelayedPenalty

worst.jersey.ever's post about his new sport called "quadball" inspired me. I always used to play four square on the playground when I was younger, so what would happen if it was a professional sport?

From Wikipedia:

Basic gameplay

Four square requires only a ball and a court made of four squares. With such little required equipment, almost no setup, and short rounds of play that can be ended at any time, it is a popular playground game, or perfect for the office. Gameplay varies significantly from region to region; this section will make basic gameplay clear regardless of the regional flavor. Refer to sections below to learn about special, custom or regional rules and variants.

Objective

The objective of the game is to work one's way from the lowest numbered square into the highest numbered square by eliminating players in higher ranking squares. In this example, the player in square four is regarded as the highest rank and has the privilege of both serving the ball and implementing any number of custom rules (see custom rules section). Players are eliminated, or "out", when they cause errors; each time a player is eliminated, all remaining players move to the next available square until square one is open. A new player, who has been waiting in a nearby line, will then join in square one to start a new round. Any number of players may be waiting outside the court for their turn.

Regular gameplay

Players must allow the ball to land once in a square, and the occupant of that square is required to return the ball into any other player's square by hitting or striking the ball with his or her hands. This hit may be done with a single hand or both hands but must be cleanly hit with no carrying, fumbling or catching; otherwise the player doing so is eliminated. Once the ball lands in a new player's square, that player must continue to return it, and so forth, until one player makes an error and is eliminated from the court.

Errors and elimination

Players may be eliminated for the following errors:

A player hits the ball out of bounds.

A player fails to hit the ball after it bounces in his/her square.

A player hits the ball twice.

The ball hits a player's square twice.

Someone violates a special rule - see server rules.

Eliminated players leave the court, all remaining players move up to the next highest square, and a new player moves into the lowest square.

So now that you understand the game, here's the concept!

USFSF.png

The logo incorporate the four squares players stand in when playing the game, as well as a typical red playground ball/dodgeball that is used. Red white and blue were incorporated since it's the USFSF.

C&C welcome! I'm thinking of turning this into a series. Childhood games turned pro.

As for the actual logo...trade the current blue for navy and go for a deeper shade of red. Also, eliminate the gray, the "sponsored by" and the actual "United STates FourSquare Federation" across the center. Fix the stripes in the squares. GREAT IDEA and GREAT START, but it needs some work. :)

You can have...

Professional hop&scotch

Professional crushed can soccer

Professional paper, rock, scissors

Professional Chicken on the playground equiptment (log as substitute)

Professional Chicken hanging off playground equiptment (bars to hang off of)

Professional Tag

Professional Hide & Go Seek

Professional Heads up, 7-Up

Professional California Kick Ball

Plenty of movies there as well for Vince Vaughn or South Park creators.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

AAAhhhhhhhhh, i rember 5th grade. We kept score and had a points system. (ala nhl) Those were the days.......

If I had artisic talent, I'd make a logo for a leauge.

And if you had spelling talent, we'd be able to understand whatever you post.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You haven't lived until you've played drunken four-square at 2:00 in the morning on a college campus.

You haven't lived until you've played drunken four-square at 2:00 in the afternoon on a college campus. We do it every other day or so.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived