Boring AL playoffs

BBM

Now granted, some of those looks are classic, but every team is navy and red. Yes, the Angels are almost all red and the Yankees are almost all navy, but the fact still remains there's a complete lack of variety in the AL playoffs this year.

I get your point, but it's more than a little overstated. The Yankees use only midnight blue. The Red Sox use midnight blue and red. The Indians use navy blue (not midnight) and red. And the Angels use use almost only red with slight blue highlights.

That's two easily distinguished shades of blue and two teams using only or almost only red or blue. Yeah, a Red Sox-Indians series is going to get visually monotonous. But that's really the only aspect of the AL playoffs that could suffer from too-similar team looks, and even then we'll see two different shades of blue.

Best potential matchup: Angels-Yankees. From past experience, this is one of the classic uniform matchups in the AL.

Question: What is the best potential World Series matchup, from a uniform combo perspective? I'm going Angels and Cubs.

20082614447.png

Yeah, I don't think it's too bad in the AL. Boston and Cleveland are similar, I suppose, but the Yanks have pinstripes and no red and the Angels have red as dominate (compared to Boston and Cleveland).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Don't act so surprised. Outside of a few rebels like Oakland and Colorado, most MLB teams fall in line with the red and/or blue color scheme.

Would you prefer almost complete uniformity? (pun intended)

Go check out the NHL. Not much variety there.

No, you misinterpreted. I don't like the uniformity, I'd prefer to see a wider array of colors and styles.

Now granted, some of those looks are classic, but every team is navy and red. Yes, the Angels are almost all red and the Yankees are almost all navy, but the fact still remains there's a complete lack of variety in the AL playoffs this year.

The NL playoffs, however, will be quite colorful. We have the Marlins with teal, Pirates with yellow, Giants with orange, and Reds with Red.

Oh, wait a second...

For real though, it will be Mets, Padres, D-backs, and Cubs, so we get a lot of blue and red, too.

Don't act so surprised. Outside of a few rebels like Oakland and Colorado, most MLB teams fall in line with the red and/or blue color scheme.

Would you prefer almost complete uniformity? (pun intended)

Go check out the NHL. Not much variety there.

No, you misinterpreted. I don't like the uniformity, I'd prefer to see a wider array of colors and styles.

No, I knew what you meant. I just forgot to put a smilie or something like that. I was being sarcastic. (or atleast trying to be)

The NL playoffs, however, will be quite colorful. We have the Marlins with teal, Pirates with yellow, Giants with orange, and Reds with Red.

Oh, wait a second...

For real though, it will be Mets, Padres, D-backs, and Cubs, so we get a lot of blue and red, too.

You sure about that?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Oh, wait a second...

For real though, it will be Mets Phillies, Padres, D-backs, and Cubs, so we get a lot of blue and red, too.

Fixed.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The NL playoffs, however, will be quite colorful. We have the Marlins with teal black, Pirates with yellow, Giants with orange, and Reds with Red.

Oh, wait a second...

For real though, it will be Mets Phillies, Padres, D-backs, and Cubs, so we get a lot of blue and red, too.

Fixed.

Fixed again.

As long as Chief Wahoo is at the party, its always a good thing!

Archived