Dallas Stars Concept

patsox

dallasstarsconcept.png

This is it. I went with a red white and blue scheme to play off the lonestar/flag motif. I recolored and changed the star in the alternate logo and also used a different number font. I used the D from the logo as the shoulder logo.

That logo just isn't primary material, at least not for a team named the Stars.

The "Texas team using Texas flag colors" idea is getting kind of played out, especially when you take away one of the few unique color schemes in professional sports and add another red and/or blue team to the pile. It works for the Rangers because they're the Texas Rangers, and it works for the Houston Texans.

You could've given us a jersey back to confirm that the number font doesn't work with such traditional striping. Oh, and the "D" alone is too boring to work as a shoulder patch.

Other than that, it's fantastic.

dallasstarsconcept.png

This is shit.

Fixed.

The Stars/North Stars franchise has never included red and blue as their primary colors (barring the moo-cow alternate). Why do you insist upon changing colors that never will be changed!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

not working on any level.

Look at ColeJ's sig. Do you see any blue or red? No, neither do I. Lets keep it that way.

sadly there IS red. lol...

but there will never be red again, since the organization witnessed the mooterus backlash.

Colors aside, it's more bland than anything else.

If he wants to try new colors, that's his prerogative. However, taking a shoulder patch and making it the primary crest is always a risky idea. Secondary logos are meant to be complementary to the primary logo. They're not meant to be the main identifying mark of a team. So putting the Texas map with a "D" over Dallas is ill-equipped to serve as the crest.

Compounding the problem is what was done for the shoulders. With a very usable secondary logo now upgraded to primary, sox had to make a new secondary logo. A plain letter "D" is just not enough.

I could see the Houston Texans using this if they became a hockey team and couldn't use the Texas flag/cowhead as their crest logo. It's safe, but it's horribly bland. And the graphic elements aren't strong enough to spice up a run of the mill color palette like red/white/blue.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived