Glasgow Rangers

The Nation

I'm not disputing that, but it's not really a major issue. Relatively few football teams in Europe have alcohol-related sponsors, and coupling that with three French CL spots means that they seldom overlap.

Chelsea had an issue a few years back when they were sponsored by Emirates Airlines. For a EUFA Cup match in Israel right after 9/11, they took the sponsor name off their shirts altogether and went with plain fronts:

_1607495_chelsea300.jpg

i'm sorry but i can't help but notice the title of the post is sponsorship sensor not censor - a sensor is a device that detects information. a censor is someone or that prohibits something from being shown in public, like the alcohol sponsor on Rangers' shirt. They do not have sensors detecting Carling on the pitch or the stadium...

OD_Signature.jpg

This is one that Liverpool wore back in 1997 to get around a ban on alcohol sponsorship.

LFC97PP.jpg

Carlsberg don't make football shirts but if they did...

liverpool-1.png

Happens. I remember a ChampCar race awhile back in Toronto, and the only thing the Players Racing Team could show was its colours...

Formula One has been dealing with a ban on cigarette ads in France (and I believe one other country) for years.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Happens. I remember a ChampCar race awhile back in Toronto, and the only thing the Players Racing Team could show was its colours...

Formula One has been dealing with a ban on cigarette ads in France (and I believe one other country) for years.

And Ferrari had to drop the Marlboro signage on their cars when they ran at Indy for the Gran Prix there because Roger Penske got to run the ads for his Indy cars and the new legislation wound't allow both series to use the Marlboro logo.

patriotssignature.png

The same ban applies to the British Grand Prix as well as others. That's one reason so many F1 races have been popping up in far off places outside of the European Union.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

i'm sorry but i can't help but notice the title of the post is sponsorship sensor not censor - a sensor is a device that detects information. a censor is someone or that prohibits something from being shown in public, like the alcohol sponsor on Rangers' shirt. They do not have sensors detecting Carling on the pitch or the stadium...

Thanks wise ass! It was an honest mistake, sensor and censor are both homonyms, or are they homophones? Not sure, but who cares STICK TO THE TOPIC!!. But anyways It's pretty cool when you see teams with different sponsors for certain games. I.e. last year, Arsenal changed their sponsor to Dubai, because UEFA had a rule where two teams could not have the same sponsor in a match. I think it was Stuttgart who they were playing.

Archived