2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

That's all well and good, but I am just curious on why you said what you said? I like to think I know a lot of about the game and I'm a talented player at it (that's another story), but I never said that anybody's opinion doesn't matter. I'm proud of my accomplishes, but it doesn't make me any better of an individual than any of you guys. You immediately jumped to a conclusion and I think that was unfair to me.

There we go.

Hi, how are you?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you throw a 100-mph fastball too, Brass?

Brass plays hockey. That qualifies him to be able to make statements that you, and everyone else here on the boards, should never question.

Go ahead, Brass. You're doing great, honey.

No, I can't throw a 100 mph fastball. I suck at baseball and all I can do is steal bases.

And Lee, listen, I'm not saying I play hockey and I "qualify" to make statements that you should never question. Please point out where I said that, because I can't. I'm terribly sorry for knowing what I'm talking about. I like to believe that I'm a good player who knows a thing or two about the game. I said something that I felt strongly about and I DEFENDED my position. If defending my position means I'm saying something you "should never question", then what's the point of the debating? What's the point of posting?

Sorry for pissing you off by defending my position and forcing you to make another unfunny post.

That's okay, champ.

That's all well and good, but I am just curious on why you said what you said? I like to think I know a lot of about the game and I'm a talented player at it (that's another story), but I never said that anybody's opinion doesn't matter. I'm proud of my accomplishments, but it doesn't make me any better of an individual than any of you guys. You immediately jumped to a conclusion and I think that was unfair to me.

1. Check your PMs

2. A sense of humor goes a long way on the internet.

3. Shanurr, for someone who creates more than their share of drama on these boards, you're certainly not doing yourself any favors at the moment.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Can you throw a 100-mph fastball too, Brass?

Brass plays hockey. That qualifies him to be able to make statements that you, and everyone else here on the boards, should never question.

Go ahead, Brass. You're doing great, honey.

No, I can't throw a 100 mph fastball. I suck at baseball and all I can do is steal bases.

And Lee, listen, I'm not saying I play hockey and I "qualify" to make statements that you should never question. Please point out where I said that, because I can't. I'm terribly sorry for knowing what I'm talking about. I like to believe that I'm a good player who knows a thing or two about the game. I said something that I felt strongly about and I DEFENDED my position. If defending my position means I'm saying something you "should never question", then what's the point of the debating? What's the point of posting?

Sorry for pissing you off by defending my position and forcing you to make another unfunny post.

That's okay, champ.

That's all well and good, but I am just curious on why you said what you said? I like to think I know a lot of about the game and I'm a talented player at it (that's another story), but I never said that anybody's opinion doesn't matter. I'm proud of my accomplishments, but it doesn't make me any better of an individual than any of you guys. You immediately jumped to a conclusion and I think that was unfair to me.

1. Check your PMs

3. Shanurr, for someone who creates more than their share of drama on these boards, you're certainly not doing yourself any favors at the moment.

I'm just joking around with you guys.

Give me a break.

Hi, how are you?

If I hear one more time on TV on how Sidney Crosby has "led" the Penguins to the SCF, I might explode. For just once, I really want to hear credit given to guys who deserve it like Marc-Andre Fleury, Brooks Orpik and Ryan Whitney.

Ryan Whitney? This year has been a huge step backwards for him. He's stepped it up in the Finals, but to say he needs more attention... he hasn't even been the third best defenseman on the team.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Series over.

Should the wings win monday like they most likely will, I will find it extremely hard to just take solace in the amazing season this was, even as awesome as it was. Division and Conference champions just doesnt seem like enough when youre so close to the ultimate prize, and another season and playoffs seems like an eternity.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Series over.

Should the wings win monday like they most likely will, I will find it extremely hard to just take solace in the amazing season this was, even as awesome as it was. Division and Conference champions just doesnt seem like enough when youre so close to the ultimate prize.

No, it's not over until a team wins 4 games. Don't give in just yet.

I saw, I came, I left.

Series over.

Should the wings win monday like they most likely will, I will find it extremely hard to just take solace in the amazing season this was, even as awesome as it was. Division and Conference champions just doesnt seem like enough when youre so close to the ultimate prize.

No, it's not over until a team wins 4 games. Don't give in just yet.

Even as a Wings fan, I agree with DEAD! I am going to be nervous watching Monday night.

And the Pens' time will come. I felt the same way you do in 1995 watching the Devils destroy the Wings. Now it seems like yesterday, and the Wings won three Cups overnight.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Really, and how do you know that? Are you in the locker room, seeing what happens behind the scenes?

Are you? Not trying to take sides but your defence has been something that can be said right back at you. It's not a valid point at all. Your not on the ice either so you can't use that against him as a point/comeback, because it's invalid.

If I hear one more time on TV on how Sidney Crosby has "led" the Penguins to the SCF, I might explode. For just once, I really want to hear credit given to guys who deserve it like Marc-Andre Fleury, Brooks Orpik and Ryan Whitney.

Well Crosby is the captain and captains tend to get credit for leading the team.

But is he a credible captain? It's just odd how the NHL wants to market Crosby and the Penguins slap the 'C' right onto the sweater of that cry baby. You have to wonder how much pressure the Penguins organization was under for making this move. On the ice, he doesn't have captain qualities in my book.

Really, and how do you know that? Are you in the locker room, seeing what happens behind the scenes? Would you be saying this if Crosby was on your favourite team?

I bolded the part you seem to neglect to read before you responded.

As for your questions, I'm not in the locker room, but then again, I said this from the view from the stands. I've been a captain of some teams and there's an certain behavior being a good captain and from my eyes, Crosby hasn't shown much to deserve that 'C'. If he was on my team, I would be saying the same. I would want someone with the experience and drive to lead my team. Now, I'm not saying that Crosby isn't motivated, but I watched a few games this season and it looked like he gave up a few times, especially on plays that he could of easily made.

So let respond to the bolded part, if I may .... are YOU there on the ice with Crosby? Do you know what he says to his teammates? the coaches? the refs? How about on the bench? Do you know how he communicates? All you can do is SEE from a hundred feet what what happens.

Once again see above, you know no more then him when it comes to this, You don't know what he says to his teammates, coaches, or the referee's. Not a valid point mate.

As for Crosby's on ice leadership in a game the Penguins had to win Crosby stepped up and scored 2 goals. Your top playing stepping up in a must win game doing what needs to be done to win is pretty good leadership.

Turnover off a skate, decent back pass, Hossa shoots, hits the defencemens skate, deflects to Crosby and he just sneaks it five hole off the pad. Stands at the side of the net and a puck falls into his lap on an empty net. Sorry but those two goals weren't stepping up, one was luck, and the other his team did everything while he jsut stood there. Not trying to knock him, even though i do dislike him, but he really didn't do anything different from game, 2-3 just get lucky. A goal is a goal but I can't except that as stepping up.

untitled-6.jpg

Really, and how do you know that? Are you in the locker room, seeing what happens behind the scenes?

Are you? Not trying to take sides but your defence has been something that can be said right back at you. It's not a valid point at all. Your not on the ice either so you can't use that against him as a point/comeback, because it's invalid.

So let respond to the bolded part, if I may .... are YOU there on the ice with Crosby? Do you know what he says to his teammates? the coaches? the refs? How about on the bench? Do you know how he communicates? All you can do is SEE from a hundred feet what what happens.

Once again see above, you know no more then him when it comes to this, You don't know what he says to his teammates, coaches, or the referee's. Not a valid point mate.

No, I don't, but at least I don't CLAIM to know what happens or if Crosby has the qualities of being a captain. You see? That's the whole point I was making. It was actually NOT about Crosby, but people far removed from the situation seems to know what's going on , what kind of captain Crosby, all based on what they see on a TV screen. Quite frankly, they know very little, if anything at all.

I saw, I came, I left.

Ding!

Stick a fork in them penguins, they done!

They 'may' win game 5 but I see it as unlikely. Only if Detroit sits back and expects an easy game will Pittsburgh win, otherwise the only finals we'll be watching is the NBA one.

And Crosby is a little female dog. His actions at the end of the game were childish. No captain, either noob or veteran, should act out like that. It was the end of the game and he should have let it go, sure Zetterberg took a shot at him but it did not mean he could retaliate after the whistle was blown. In my perfect world he'd be suspended for game 5 but sadly, it wont happen because it wasn't extreme enough... not like he jumped someone or attacked them with his stick. This just adds fuel to my anti-Crosby fire.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

No, I don't, but at least I don't CLAIM to know what happens or if Crosby has the qualities of being a captain. You see? That's the whole point I was making. It was actually NOT about Crosby, but people far removed from the situation seems to know what's going on , what kind of captain Crosby, all based on what they see on a TV screen. Quite frankly, they know very little, if anything at all.

I understand that, but at the same time please explain how that makes any sense? How on earth are fans supposed to judge players based on anything else then what they see? That's like someone scores a nice goal, and you go no it's wasn't a nice goal, you just saw it on a TV screen, from ice level it was different. Perceptions, is generally reality, and in this case, if it walks, like a duck and quacks like a duck odds are it is a duck.

untitled-6.jpg

I understand that, but at the same time please explain how that makes any sense? How on earth are fans supposed to judge players based on anything else then what they see? That's like someone scores a nice goal, and you go no it's wasn't a nice goal, you just saw it on a TV screen, from ice level it was different. Perceptions, is generally reality, and in this case, if it walks, like a duck and quacks like a duck odds are it is a duck.

Yeah, but this was about leadership. I believe that it's not something that you can just watch a game on TV and come to a conclusion like a goal or even the players ability. Perceptions generally become a reality because people don't challenge the perception enough.

"if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck odds are it is a duck." Yes, odds are that it's a duck, but you still have to dig deeper to be sure that it's a duck ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Yeah, but this was about leadership. I believe that it's not something that you can just watch a game on TV and come to a conclusion like a goal or even the players ability. Perceptions generally become a reality because people don't challenge the perception enough.

It's not as clear cut, but from the way he carries himself, elvates his play, and show his teammates the way. If you know the term " lead by example ", based on example of his conduct on the ice, Crosby is not a good leader. So maybe in the dressing room and what he says is actually different from what we see on the ice, he could be a great captain, but based on example he's not a very good leader.

this isn't meant to be a rip on his talent at all or to say he sucks, he's one of the most talented players in the world. He's just not ready to be a captain in my opinion and in the opinion on many others. Once again this is based solely on his on ice conduct, which is all we have to judged him on.

"if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck odds are it is a duck." Yes, odds are that it's a duck, but you still have to dig deeper to be sure that it's a duck ^_^

:P it's a duck and you know it/

untitled-6.jpg

It's not as clear cut, but from the way he carries himself, elvates his play, and show his teammates the way. If you know the term " lead by example ", based on example of his conduct on the ice, Crosby is not a good leader. So maybe in the dressing room and what he says is actually different from what we see on the ice, he could be a great captain, but based on example he's not a very good leader.

this isn't meant to be a rip on his talent at all or to say he sucks, he's one of the most talented players in the world. He's just not ready to be a captain in my opinion and in the opinion on many others. Once again this is based solely on his on ice conduct, which is all we have to judged him on.

What goes on the the locker room was part of my original argument. People only based on whether Crosby is a good leader from what they see on the ice. I think you need to look further to get a better sense if he's a good leader like what happens in the dressing room. Brass concludes that Crosby is not a good captain. However, I am in the position that I don't know enough about Crosby's leadership skills just based what I see on the ice to make a conclusion.

I do know it's not meant to be a rip on his talent, that's a separate issue.

GOOSE!

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived