2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

The pens cannot play from behind against the wings, and cannot play at the Joe. They will have to play very desperately and score first, preferrably the first 2, and they may have a chance to win monday and bring it back to Pittsburgh to force a game 7. If they give up the first goal, or the lead if they get it first, they wont recover, no matter how desperate they play. They have yet to do so this series. The wings play the one kind of game the pens cant compete with.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The pens cannot play from behind against the wings, and cannot play at the Joe. They will have to play very desperately and score first, preferrably the first 2, and they may have a chance to win monday and bring it back to Pittsburgh to force a game 7. If they give up the first goal, or the lead if they get it first, they wont recover, no matter how desperate they play. They have yet to do so this series.

They got the first goal, then gave up the next one... and the one after...

So I guess that notion where if you score first you're in better shape to win... but not this time.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The pens cannot play from behind against the wings, and cannot play at the Joe. They will have to play very desperately and score first, preferrably the first 2, and they may have a chance to win monday and bring it back to Pittsburgh to force a game 7. If they give up the first goal, or the lead if they get it first, they wont recover, no matter how desperate they play. They have yet to do so this series.

So I guess that notion where if you score first you're in better shape to win... but not this time.

I said preferrably the first 2. I also said about them giving up the lead if they get one. So I covered that.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

You're right! The Penguins should let the Red Wings score first in the next game.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Well, I guess the Cup is not going to coming back to Cole Harbour, NS again this year. And I would have actually considered driving up there this time if only cause I missed the oppoortunity last time.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

With a break between games in the series...

Thought I'd post this tid-bit about the octopus incident before the game Saturday night at Mellon Arena...

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008806010703

When Bobby Orr was asked why he always wore a cup

but not a helmet,he replied:"I can always get

someone else to do my thinking for me!"

Thought I'd post this tid-bit about the octopus incident before the game Saturday night at Mellon Arena...

Before reading that, I was sad and pessimistic. Now, im just pissed.

You're right! The Penguins should let the Red Wings score first in the next game.

The Penguins should worry about scoring a goal in Detroit, period.

"You're not allowed to throw things on the ice in the building, and we kick people out for throwing all sorts of things," he said. "That could have hit somebody."

Correct me if I'm wrong (which I am not), but weren't Pittsburgh fans throwing objects at the Wings players on the ice after the game? I remember seeing Draper being hit in the head with a white object after the little scuffle initiated by Crosby. I also remember seeing another Wings player being hit with a similar white object around the same time.

Throwing an octopus on the ice is not as bad as chucking objects of players. It is part of the spirit of the game, whether it is throwing a hat on the ice after a hat trick or chuckin' rubber rats on the ice in Florida when they used to make the playoffs. It didn't harm anyone, it just got the few fans of that team pumped up which is not bad imo. I don't care what the pissed off GM of Mellon Arena said, it doesn't harm anyone to throw an octopus onto the ice, and it was in good fun. What is bad is being unsportsmanlike and trying to injure opposing players. Where was his responce to that?

I'm glad this guy was cunning and figured out a way to get back in, totally worth the money spent.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

"You're not allowed to throw things on the ice in the building, and we kick people out for throwing all sorts of things," he said. "That could have hit somebody."

Correct me if I'm wrong (which I am not), but weren't Pittsburgh fans throwing objects at the Wings players on the ice after the game? I remember seeing Draper being hit in the head with a white object after the little scuffle initiated by Crosby. I also remember seeing another Wings player being hit with a similar white object around the same time.

Throwing an octopus on the ice is not as bad as chucking objects of players. It is part of the spirit of the game, whether it is throwing a hat on the ice after a hat trick or chuckin' rubber rats on the ice in Florida when they used to make the playoffs. It didn't harm anyone, it just got the few fans of that team pumped up which is not bad imo. I don't care what the pissed off GM of Mellon Arena said, it doesn't harm anyone to throw an octopus onto the ice, and it was in good fun. What is bad is being unsportsmanlike and trying to injure opposing players. Where was his responce to that?

I'm glad this guy was cunning and figured out a way to get back in, totally worth the money spent.

I have no idea if anthing was thrown at opposign players. If anything, it was thrown by fans on the ice out of frustration, rather than specifically at the players, and were probably knotted up towels.

Everyone knows knotted up rally towels are the most dangerous things to throw and can definately injure someone.

That doesnt take away form the fact that they threw their octopus on our ice. Its one thing to do it at home.

I have no idea if anthing was thrown at opposign players. If anything, it was thrown by fans on the ice out of frustration, rather than specifically at the players, and were probably knotted up towels.

Everyone knows knotted up rally towels are the most dangerous things to throw and can definately injure someone.

That doesnt take away form the fact that they threw their octopus on our ice. Its one thing to do it at home.

You can't tell me if you had a chance to go into the Joe Louis with a dead penguin or something, you wouldn't try to throw it onto their ice?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Yeah, but this was about leadership. I believe that it's not something that you can just watch a game on TV and come to a conclusion like a goal or even the players ability. Perceptions generally become a reality because people don't challenge the perception enough.

It's not as clear cut, but from the way he carries himself, elvates his play, and show his teammates the way. If you know the term " lead by example ", based on example of his conduct on the ice, Crosby is not a good leader. So maybe in the dressing room and what he says is actually different from what we see on the ice, he could be a great captain, but based on example he's not a very good leader.

this isn't meant to be a rip on his talent at all or to say he sucks, he's one of the most talented players in the world. He's just not ready to be a captain in my opinion and in the opinion on many others. Once again this is based solely on his on ice conduct, which is all we have to judged him on.

What goes on the the locker room was part of my original argument. People only based on whether Crosby is a good leader from what they see on the ice. I think you need to look further to get a better sense if he's a good leader like what happens in the dressing room. Brass concludes that Crosby is not a good captain. However, I am in the position that I don't know enough about Crosby's leadership skills just based what I see on the ice to make a conclusion.

I do know it's not meant to be a rip on his talent, that's a separate issue.

GOOSE!

I know what your saying but our point is that's all we have to judged him on. So basically, what else do you expect people to judged his leadership skills on other then what they see. If he is great in the room then he isn't on the ice, so regardless I don't see him as a good leader.

untitled-6.jpg

True. :cry:

The best part about the kid throwing the octopus on the ice is that he was from Cleveland.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

The best part about the kid throwing the octopus on the ice is that he was from Cleveland.

*Cue intro song from the 'Drew Carey Show'*

:D

...would anyone like to explain this Cleveland/Pittsburgh 'rivalry' to me?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Well you could drive from Cleveland to Pittsburgh and back again quicker than you could drive from Toronto to Ottawa once.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well you could drive from Cleveland to Pittsburgh and back again quicker than you could drive from Toronto to Ottawa once.

Yes, but who would want to?

It's like getting out of Hell just to go to Regina. No point.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

You can't tell me if you had a chance to go into the Joe Louis with a dead penguin or something, you wouldn't try to throw it onto their ice?

Why throw a dead penguin if there's gonna be 20 of them at the end of Monday's game?

Why throw a dead penguin if there's gonna be 20 of them at the end of Monday's game?

ZING!

Hi, how are you?

Archived