Kobe's Number

Shroinke

#8 in the roster, #24 in the profile pic above it....but #8 in his bio and the adjoining widget. Hm.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Well, that's one way to boost the merchandising sales, isn't it?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm pretty sure he's going to stick with 24. Why he even switched is beyond me. More money from jersey sales? Did Reebok convince him to do this? We may never know. In my opinion great players are linked by their number, so I think any great player switching numbers is kind of silly. Like, if they retire Kobe's number, which one will it be? Probably 8, but now he's not synonymous with it anymore.

I don't think he can change numbers for another 3 seasons unless he changes teams.

Bryant will hang up his No. 8 jersey, sources say

By Darren Rovell

ESPN.com

Updated: April 26, 2006, 3:31 PM ET

In order for a player to change jersey numbers at will, he either has to change teams or have the team inform the league of the decision more than six months in advance. Players who stay with the same team must have worn the same number for four seasons or longer.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I don't think he can change numbers for another 3 seasons unless he changes teams.

By Darren Rovell

ESPN.com

In order for a player to change jersey numbers at will, he either has to change teams or have the team inform the league of the decision more than six months in advance. Players who stay with the same team must have worn the same number for four seasons or longer.

There are exceptions made all the time though. For example, when the Sixers acquired broken-down scumbag power-forward Chris Webber, Andre Iguodala changed his number from 4 to 9 so Webber could have 4.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

By Darren Rovell

ESPN.com

There are exceptions made all the time though. For example, when the Sixers acquired broken-down scumbag power-forward Chris Webber, Andre Iguodala changed his number from 4 to 9 so Webber could have 4.

Ersan Ilyasova (who? Bucks SF from Turkey, playing in Europe this year) was #23 in 2005-06 and #19 in 2006-07 without anybody taking his old number. I wonder why that was let go?

EDIT: Scratch that, Ruben Patterson was #23. Still not notable enough to change your number, but whatever.

Archived