Tampa Bay Bucs

mcrosby

I like them, I think they are sweet. Love the sword down the pants and on the helmet stripe. I know most people hate the orange and red combo, but I have always liked it. Keep up the good work. Although 1 point of contention would be the sholder stripes. I think simple would be better there when you have the helmet and pants making all the noise.

The sleeve logo is backward.

The sword on the pants seems overbearing. The dark red should be eliminated unless used on the helmet logo only. The funky helmet stripe is too much. I think if you are going to favor the orange, you should really favor the orange and minimize everything else.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The only negative I can find is that the updated, longer pirate flag seems like its too big for the sword-mast thing. Its like the wind that is making it undulate will blow the whole thing away

But the uniforms! I'm liking the away and alternate, id like to see what the combinations of the alternate jersey with the pants will be like. The NFL definitely needs some daring combinations like this again.

14ilxq9.png

I like the new banner, but the jersey's style is offputting. I think the jersey would look better in a more traditional style.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I happen to like the logo (the flag extension), and this would make a cool blending of old-and-new. But for some odd reason, I'm not digging the sword on the pants. To me, stripes would work best for the pants...as would work well with the stripes on the helmet.

Overall, good job. :)

I think the sword on the pants is a bit gimmicky for me.

Is it just me, or would that extended buc banner look awesome as a shoulder patch.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like them but I agree that the dark red has to be changed. Perhaps make it a lot darker, almost..gasp...black. To me since black is in a Jolly Roger, then black wouldn't look forced. I like the saber on the pant, it is a unique design element. Keep plugging away. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

*shudders* Creamsickle...

Back in the day my little bro was a Bucs fan and I used to mock him for it because of the horrible colors they had. Well, Creamsickle is still a horrible color scheme and I'm sorry to say that no matter how technically sound this concept is it is utterly devastated by the sickly, radioactive colors.

cttdolphins2.png

I love the uniforms (especially the alternate) and the extended flag, but the white helmet doesn't sit right with me for some reason. I can't really imagine using any of the other colors in the scheme as a base for the helmet, so I'm not sure what suggestion to give. The creamsicle on the helmet would be way too much of that color, and using the red as a base would cause the flag to disappear. Maybe that's the fix. Use a red helmet, and just use the skull and swords as the helmet logo.

Okay, that might be the most words anyone has used for such an unhelpful post. Sorry. I do really like that alternate.

I think "Wow!" pretty well sums it up. Despite my better judgment, I like the overall look of the jerseys and the high-contrast sleeves.

On the pants, I think the sword is too overt. Get rid of the handle, and just use the shape of the sword blade as the stripe.

20082614447.png

Nice! I am a huge fan of many of the old concepts.... the 'Buc and Astros eswepciall (even before it was cool to like the Astros' reaibows), but the sword is teh only think I do not dig. What about a traditional stripe? But is a really nice combo of old and new.

By the way, great site guys!!

"Fat white guys rule the world son" -TS... I should know, I'm one of 'em

i tried ungimmicking the pants by taking away the handle, and i like that, but im stuck on what to do with the shoulders, right now its all that doesnt fit

You could maybe mimic the current jersey and put a re-colored ship logo on the sleeve. Something like this?

bucsds1.jpg

bucsnu8.png

i tried ungimmicking the pants by taking away the handle, and i like that, but im stuck on what to do with the shoulders, right now its all that doesnt fit

The sleeve logos are still backwards. For that matter, if you take into consideration how a sword would be worn, the blade is backwards too.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived