Toronto roadrunners join the ahl

Lee.

Mockba, if you mean those godawful blue/black/silver flamed atrocities, I swear to god, I hope you're joking.  They used to wear those in warmup (when I saw them play the Mooooooose, that is) and even my 9 year-old nephew said "Those are damned ugly.  We don't have to look at those all night, do we?"

I hope those stay in mothballs.  Permanently.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Mockba, if you mean those godawful blue/black/silver flamed atrocities, I swear to god, I hope you're joking.  They used to wear those in warmup (when I saw them play the Mooooooose, that is) and even my 9 year-old nephew said "Those are damned ugly.  We don't have to look at those all night, do we?"

I hope those stay in mothballs.  Permanently.

The jerseys in question

There's a team in my league that uses the Roadrunners' jerseys, but they use these instead of the blue for their road unis.  They don't have the wacky lettering/numbering that was supposed to go with them (that I could definitely live without--lower case letters??), but I think they look cool.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

but I think they look cool.

Two words: To each their own.  I personally find them garish to the point of abomination, but as always, YMMV.

Although I suppose it's just a matter of time before some minor-league marketing guru wanting to make a name for himself at any cost thinks "Hey! Those Bills-colors Zubaz pants I used to wear were cool!  I wonder how they'd look on a baseball/hockey/lacrosse jersey..."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yeah they are bad, but not that bad!  Mainly it was because the 3rd jersey craze was just starting, and they were playing off the heat of Phoenix there.  I remember the marketing ploy when I got their catalog: "Things are heating up in the Valley!"

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Although I suppose it's just a matter of time before some minor-league marketing guru wanting to make a name for himself at any cost thinks "Hey! Those Bills-colors Zubaz pants I used to wear were cool!  I wonder how they'd look on a baseball/hockey/lacrosse jersey..."

It's been done before!!!  For a few seasons in the early years of the Arena League, the teams got their uniforms supplied by Bike, I believe.  Every team had a variation of Zubaz trimmed jerseys and pants.  I think a couple teams may have had Zubaz patterns all over the pants, and some teams had the pattern just down the sides.  It was wild.  Man...  Those were the days...

FWIW, I love those Roadrunners alts AND the font they used.  The lower-case letters were one of the reasons I liked the Orlando Solar Bears jerseys.  Incidentally, game-worn Roadrunners alt jerseys are quite desirable...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived