Lubbuck Christian University Chaps

KCScout76

Sorry I'm late with this - found this while Websurfing.

Lubbuck Christian University Chapparals new logos for their athletic teams.

These two are just a few of the 30+ they have posted on their website.

Simple - very nicely done.

AA_lcuchaps.gif

LubbockChristianUnivChaps.gif

LubbockChristianUnivChapsAthletics.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Tell me if this looks similar. I created this back in January of this year, and proposed it to them, but was truned away when another firm was picked in creating their ID package.

Do I have a legitimate complaint? I mean, the pose of the bird, the red banner at the bottom, I dunno, but it looks like what I sent them to me. Anyone else feel the same?

Logo-Draft-1.png

Tell me if this looks similar. I created this back in January of this year, and proposed it to them, but was truned away when another firm was picked in creating their ID package.

Do I have a legitimate complaint? I mean, the pose of the bird, the red banner at the bottom, I dunno, but it looks like what I sent them to me. Anyone else feel the same?

Logo-Draft-1.png

I think you should still make a complaint, as long as you have proof that you showed this to them on a certain date.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I think you should still make a complaint, as long as you have proof that you showed this to them on a certain date.

I have emails with the Athletic Director from December and January.

Two things.

1) Anywhere in those emails does he give the impession that he looked at the designs?

and

2) Does somebody have their previous logos and wordmarks? I couldn't find them.

As far as a complaint goes, it depends. If they were working with another firm (looks like a Rickabaugh job so let's assume for the sake of this argument it is), you have to ask yourself if it's possible that they may have had the same ideas. Maybe, maybe not. I don't know what other firms sent. If they were just working with you and then decided to go with another firm then you may have a legitimate beef. The thing is, I doubt they would have taken your ideas and gone to Rickabaugh, who probably charged them an arm and a leg, and had him do it over. I would imagine he charged them a lot more than you were going to (assuming it was Rickabaugh). I don't know. They are definitely similar, but it might be tough to prove that they took your ideas and ripped you off, however it's worth a shot if you really feel like you were jobbed.

I'm not going to pursue it, I just thought they looked similar. Heck, the firm that created it could have made this months before mine, so I can't really do anything. Obviously the one that they picked is far superior to my version, there were just some similarities that I found. I guess I was just a little hot right when I saw it and it got me thinking. ^_^

I'm not going to pursue it, I just thought they looked similar. Heck, the firm that created it could have made this months before mine, so I can't really do anything. Obviously the one that they picked is far superior to my version, there were just some similarities that I found. I guess I was just a little hot right when I saw it and it got me thinking. ^_^
Might not hurt to send the guy an email and just ask him.

Archived