RBK Premier Jersey

schwep76

Has anyone tried to remove the jock tag from the Premier replicas yet? And if so, how did it work?

I just got my jersey today and the seaming on the tag looks pretty simple to rip out, but I'm worried there might be some glue under there or something.

Sorry if this is old subject matter, but if anyone can help me out, thanks a lot.

I work in a jersey store and to think I haven't even checked to see how easily it could be removed. Stitching can always be removed, no matter how complicated, as long as you're careful. If it's glued, depending on how well, it will leave a bit of residue but that comes off with washing once or twice.

To check and see if its glued or not, just pinch the tag itself with one hand, and use the other hand to pinch the part of the jersey right behind the tag. If you can pinch at them separately, then it isn't glued.

I work in a jersey store and to think I haven't even checked to see how easily it could be removed. Stitching can always be removed, no matter how complicated, as long as you're careful. If it's glued, depending on how well, it will leave a bit of residue but that comes off with washing once or twice.

To check and see if its glued or not, just pinch the tag itself with one hand, and use the other hand to pinch the part of the jersey right behind the tag. If you can pinch at them separately, then it isn't glued.

Why ever would you want to remove it??? Reebok spent a lot of money on market research to tell you that you want it!

On a more helpful note, I will tell you that yes, you can remove it, but be very careful when it comes to the first/last corner (I couldn't tell you which direction they sew it on in). On mine, there was just a "mess" of stitching and re-stitching, and I got both careless and anxious and ended up making a tiny little hole. All in all, a lot nicer looking than that stupid "dork patch."

Also, if it helps, I used a curved sewing scissor; similar to what you might use to cut or clean your nails.

I hope that helps.

Rob

Why ever would you want to remove it??? Reebok spent a lot of money on market research to tell you that you want it!

On a more helpful note, I will tell you that yes, you can remove it, but be very careful when it comes to the first/last corner (I couldn't tell you which direction they sew it on in). On mine, there was just a "mess" of stitching and re-stitching, and I got both careless and anxious and ended up making a tiny little hole. All in all, a lot nicer looking than that stupid "dork patch."

Also, if it helps, I used a curved sewing scissor; similar to what you might use to cut or clean your nails.

I hope that helps.

Rob

You work with RBK? You seem a tad on the deffensive side.

Hi, how are you?

I hope that helps.

Rob

You work with RBK? You seem a tad on the deffensive side.

Did you happen to hear a loud, "whooshing" sound in the vicinity of the top of your head just now? :P

Am I the only one here who owns a seamripper?

About a buck at your corner drugstore. Well worth it.

I've got mine! I spent an afternoon during the 2006 Torino Olympics removing the sleeve numbers from a Wendel Clark Maple Leafs jersey so I could stuff a patch in between the Maple Leafs logo and the sleeve numbers that were later sewn back on lower.

Patience is a big, fat virtue when it comes to removing tags, patches and crests. Take your time. Carelessly rush for a few seconds now and live with your mistakes for years.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Just a tip I learned from removing the tags from the vintage sweaters, always rip the thread on the tag side, not on the jersey fabric side. The tag will give you a little bit of insurance that you won't put a hole in the jersey.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

I've got mine! I spent an afternoon during the 2006 Torino Olympics removing the sleeve numbers from a Wendel Clark Maple Leafs jersey so I could stuff a patch in between the Maple Leafs logo and the sleeve numbers that were later sewn back on lower.

King Clancy Memorial Patch?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

King Clancy Memorial Patch?

Winner!

2264401120100337552YkDSvp_th.jpg2204829660100337552XYwJSe_th.jpg2629903120100337552bdUdaH_th.jpg

Dig that crazy "A" too. What was up with that?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 2 weeks later...

i just had a great success with a crafts knife... sorta like a skinny exacto knife.

there's a SLIGHT outline of where the box was, but it still looks about a million times better now than it did an hour ago when i bought it.

Archived