Your best enemy...

Swiss

As a Red Wings fans, during the heyday of their rivalry with the Avalanche, I still couldn't hate Joe Sakic. This guy's class is on level, if not more, then our beloved former captain Steve Yzerman. How can you not respect the man?

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

i know i'm supposed to hate teams like the sabres but Ryan Miller is a favorite of mine, and prior to that Mike Richter of the Rangers and the devils was pretty much a who cares team, don't hate them, just don't care about them.

speaking of richter and the rangers, i know it is my moral and religious obligation to hate the rangers but i really loved that 97 rangers team that had mike richter, wayne gretzky and mark messier. i was really pulling for them to win the cup that year.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Angels - Ken Griffey, Jr., Big Papi

Lions - Brett Favre

Red Wings - As scooter said, Joe Sakic, Patty Roy

Suns - Michael Jordan(in 1993...he still ruined my Disneyworld vacation), Tim Duncan...wait, no, I DO hate Tim Duncan. I don't mind Tony Parker, though. Y'gotta respect someone who's plowing Longoria.

Being from Minnesota,

Avalanche - Joe Sakic

Vancouver - Naslund & Linden

Calgary - Iginla

Packers - probably Farve, but it's tough to admit that

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

As a Red Sox fan, I've always had an appreciation for Joe Torre. He's a class act from what I've read. He got the shaft in NY - and they'll pay for it. I never got around to hating Posada (whose little boy suffers from a really bad disease IIRC), Mariano, Bernie and Jeter. To an extent, I don't mind Giambi, because one of my buddies played ball with him on the A's in 2001 and said he's really a sincere guy. I still love Damon - everyone from the '04 Sox has a free pass for the rest of their lives, whether they go to KC or NY or wherever. Same will go for every member of the '07 Sox.

As a Pats fan, I appreciate Manning, Harrison and Wayne. Props to them, even though I was rooting against them in the Super Bowl this year.

As a Revs fan, I appreciate guys Claudio Reyna, JP Angel, and Jozy Altidore on the Red Bulls..however, I dislike LandyCakes (I know, he plays for LA) with a passion.

As a Colts fan - Tom Brady and Mike Vrabel of the Pats. I like Brady and really respect what he can do ever since I watched him lead the Pats to a win over the Rams and then do it again against the Panthers. I was thrilled when the Colts got Vinatieri (he was on this list for a long time). Vrabel, man that guy is something else as well, always dangerous and seems to be in the middle of a big play. Even though they don't have as much of a rivalry with the Steelers, I respect Troy Polamalu a great deal. He's all over the place on the field and seems to be a very good character guy overall. I've not hear any bad things about him really, and am even wanting to get his jersey, despite the fact I hated the Steelers for a long time.

As a White Sox fan - I always loved Ryne Sandberg in his playing days. Other than that, I'm not real big on the Cubs. I did grow up to Harry Caray on WGN, but could never get behind the Cubs completely. The Indians also have my respect, namely Sizemore.

I normally am not a big fan of the Yankees, but I respect Torre, Jeter, Rivera, Posada, and Bernie Williams. Its hard for me not to like those guys.

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

I still love Damon - everyone from the '04 Sox has a free pass for the rest of their lives, whether they go to KC or NY or wherever. Same will go for every member of the '07 Sox.

Same thing with me.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Easy...

Then - Joe Montana. He casually torched the Saints like clockwork twice a year back when both teams were in the NFC West. It was infuriating, but how can you truly hate that kind of greatness?

Now - Warrick Dunn of the hated Falcons. Stand up guy who gives 100% all the time on the field and speaks the truth off of it. Earns super bonus points for his foundation, which helps worthy single mothers buy and furnish their first homes.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Wow, I like a bit more Joe Torre...

Torre moved from one storied franchise to another, agreeing to a three-year, $13 million contract. He becomes the Dodgers' eighth manager since they left his hometown, where he rooted for the rival New York Giants.

Link

So he was fan of the NY Giants... :)

I root for SF Giants because I always liked the Giants' New Yorker past. But... what a pity that he is the new manager of the Dogs.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived