Carolina panthers concept

Braden

Well, I gotta admit, the 1st half of the Superbowl was pretty boring till nearing halftime, but it got alot better in the 2nd...

Anyways, I made my own concept... but they are only minor changes to their current unis.

-different helmet striping

-change in number and name font

-much smaller sleeve logo with striping on sleve

-addition of black pants & removing logo from all pants

-blue uniform now primary home, black uniform now alternate

Here it is: (c/p)

Carolina Panthers Concept

I'm not sue on what uni/pants combinations work. I'm thinking that silver or black pants can be used for the blue home uniform, white or black pants for the white away uniform, and silver or black (I know y'all hate the AOC, but I dunno...) for the black alt. uniform.

Comments/Suggestions/Criticisms greatly appreciated.

Janet showed one of her boobies! Hee hee hee!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I'm not sure about the rest but I do know that I like your idea on the helmet striping. For some reason whenever I see a Panther player from behind I feel those pointy stripes are going to run right into the logo since they flare out. I think the single point or something like Louisville would look much better.

I really like what you have done. Black pants and blue jerseys are definitely the way to go. I just have a few concerns. First, I am not sold on the helmet stripe. It looks like what the Broncos have, only backwards. If you want to go that route, I think you may as well go all out and have the point at the front just like the Broncos have it. I think that would look better. Second, I don't think the logos had to be removed from the pants. Finally, I would hoope to avoid the brutal white on whites that the Panthers wear now. It works with a dark helmet, but not a silver one.

Black pants with blue jerseys would look horrendous.

horrendous? im gonna have to disagree with you on that one...

panthers.jpg

I love all these changes. i think every one of them would help out the panthers unis, which are already, IMO, among the best in the league

Thank you all for your input.

The thing is, I'm not sure IMO if it's a good thing to have different colours on the helmet (silver), jersey (blue) & pants (black). I don't know any team that does that... talk about opposite of AOC!

Sooo I thought I'd show some colour comparisons for the blue jersey. Three helmets & two pants options...

Here it is: (copy/paste)

Blue Uniform Combos

I must say puckcool, the blue helmets IMO won't work, but the black one looks very promising with the black pants. The white uni would also look great with the balck helmet/pants.

And yes... I put back the panther logo on the pants... but I like it better without.  :P

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

The blue helmets are not too bad.

The black helmets just dont look right.

However all that being said the silver helmet remains the best one with this logo and color combination

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The thing is, I'm not sure IMO if it's a good thing to have different colours on the helmet (silver), jersey (blue) & pants (black). I don't know any team that does that... talk about opposite of AOC!

Off the top of my head, the Browns do this when they aren't wearing orange pants, the Steelers do itwhen they wear white jerseys, the Patriots do it with their white jerseys, the Bills do it when they wear blue on white, the Falcons do it with their red alternates, the Broncos do it with their orange alternates, the Texans do it with their red alternates, and the Titans do it with their light blue alts. I think that only one that looks bad is the Titans. Also, the Ravens SHOULD do this (white jerseys, purple pants, black helmet).

Hi Braden. Great work! You've convinced me: my beloved Panthers need an upgrade, not an overhaul. Your work on the helmet stripe is excellent. And I don't know if it's deliberate or not, but I really like the way you've darkened the silver to gray. All of these concepts are better than the Panthers' current uniforms.

Best,

e_m

Braden,

I too tend to like the helmet and pants to match whenever possible. This is one case where it could because the black helmet looks nice, and so do the black pants. However, at this point, I think the best option would perhaps be to go with silver helmet, blue jersey, and black pants. It would look fine I THINK.

Archived