From the makers of the Pro Cap comes. . .

dodongo

Looks like something from 2001:A space oddesy

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I agree, with the white part colored in, it doesn't look as unusual. Wonder if they're also experimenting with hockey helmets of the same materials?

I would love to see one of these as a hockey helmet, and pair it with the new Edge jerseys. Players would have a silhouette much like the Bic pen man.

Anyone remember those swimming pool mats made of foam? They would split after heavy bending or being rolled up too many times? I can picture these on the field with big gashes through the outer color coating showing a white foam underneath.

Very interesting...and no joke. According to the article, we may actually see some of these on the field next season:

"Players next season will have the option to don a high-tech helmet designed specifically to thwart head injuries. Dubbed the Gladiator, it is more like a cushioning system than a helmet."

They may do better with marketing by replacing that model, who looks more like a nervous dentist than an NFL player. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I can picture these on the field with big gashes through the outer color coating showing a white foam underneath.

That's actually what I was thinking too. Well, that, and that it looks inflated, like one of those blow-up helmets from the mid 90's that fans insisted on wearing in the stands.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Maybe they could get Don Beebe to be their lead spokesperson?

Nice. Beat me to it and I was thinking the same thing.

As grown males in a locker room, do you feel anyone wouldn't get teased if they sported this?

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived