ESPN is at it again...

ShinyHubCaps

Granted their schedule isn't THAT easy, but consider they played the Colts without Harrison and a few other key players... Harrison being the most important, seeing that he plays well against the Patriots. The Chargers are far from a good team and the Steelers have losses to some pretty poor teams as well. The Cowboys are the best in the NFC, but c'mon, it's still the NFC no matter how you look at it.

My team? Well my team neither sucks nor is good this season, although they always have the Patriots number, 'tis a shame they don't play eachother this year... and barring some sort of collapse on the Chargers part, they won't meet in the playoffs either.

Monica01.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Chargers are "far from a good team", then they must be the worst 8-5 team in the league. They're playing well of late, and can easily IMO reach 10 wins.

Two of the Steelers' four losses are to Arizona (bad loss) and the Jets (bad loss). The other two are your Broncos and my Pats. They're a lock for 10 wins.

And don't make excuses for the Colts - they don't seem to be missing Harrison that much.

My point is: the Patriots could end up having played six teams with 10 or more wins this season. That is a brutal schedule now matter how you spin it.

For the record, the 1972 Dolphins played zero teams with 10 or more wins in the regular season, and five teams with nine or more losses. You don't have to look it up, because I already did. :P

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

About the only thing that I would grant is that the AFC East, which in recent years was ranked as one of the league's strongest is hands down the weakest.

The NFC South and NFC West -- especially the West -- are definitely just as legitimate contenders for that title. In fact, the AFC West is pretty much crap this year too.

And RyanB06 -- I would posit that a nine-win team in 1972 (with a 14-game schedule and smaller league) meant a little bit more than a 10-win team in a bigger conference. I won't do the calculations, but based on statistics, one could make the argument that, on average, the quality of players on each team was proportionately higher than it is in 2007.

Either way, 16-0 is 16-0. It would have been impressive had the Colts done it a couple years back, and it will be just as impressive if the Pats do it this year. However, those Colts were infinitely more likable that this year's Patriots, so bully for you.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's back..... <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You always cried about ESPN favoring some teams... but I'm living in Argentina where all the media always tanled about Boca and River like they are the sole sport teams in this big country. Ah, a little of basketball, rugby and some other sports are shown. The Boca and River's soccer is king here.

And I'm really sick about it. That is why I use Internet to check other sports and other teams.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

It's back..... <_<

I noticed that this morning. If ESPN had its way, the Bottom Line would be an endless cycle of PATRIOTS, MITCHELL, VICK, BONDS, and NOTRE DAME.

0_0 That's a scary idea, man. Keep it to yourself.

• 4 weeks later...
It's back..... <_<

I noticed that this morning. If ESPN had its way, the Bottom Line would be an endless cycle of PATRIOTS, MITCHELL, VICK, BONDS, and NOTRE DAME.

According to PMR, the prophecy is coming true...

It's back..... <_<

0_0 That's a scary idea, man. Keep it to yourself.

And if John Madden ever joins ESPN, "FAVRE" will be added.

Actually, they'd have a 15 30 45 minute segment on him every hour on the hour.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived