St. Rams Logo Concept

Old School Fool

Well, I was browsing through some NFL logos, and I came across this really great Inaugural Season logo for the St. Louis Rams. I think it's awesome, and would've made for a great primary logo, instead of this hunk of crap:

4603.gif

I was so intrigued by the logo, that I went into MS Paint and did a crappy fix of it.

stlouisramsconcepths8.png

For reference, of course, here's the original logo.

1033.gif

bSLCtu2.png

Thats nice. The only problem is that those aren't the Rams' colors anymore.

Although they should be.

The only problem I see is the outline on the top right should be blue instead of yellow. Also, if the Rams added that navy to their color scheme they would look just like the Blues. Although they may look good...

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• 2 weeks later...

Although they should be.

The only problem I see is the outline on the top right should be blue instead of yellow. Also, if the Rams added that navy to their color scheme they would look just like the Blues. Although they may look good...

The Rams should go back to Los Angeles.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Although they should be.

I have to disagree. Normally, I'd prefer royal & yellow to navy & gold (see: Brewers, Milwaukee or Panthers, Pitt), but I think it's good that the St. Louis Rams have a distinctly different identity from the LA Rams.

For the same reason, I wish the Colts would've kept the silver they added to their unis when they first moved to Indy.

For the same reason, I wish the Colts would've kept the silver they added to their unis when they first moved to Indy.

I'm not quibbling with your point. However, for the record, the silver was added before the move. They wore it in Baltimore for at least one season (I think it they wore it for two seasons, but I'm not positive and I don't feel like looking it up).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Although they should be.

The Rams should go back to Los Angeles.

Yes, cuz that would solve the color dilemma. :therock:

I'm not quibbling with your point. However, for the record, the silver was added before the move. They wore it in Baltimore for at least one season (I think it they wore it for two seasons, but I'm not positive and I don't feel like looking it up).

Now that I think about it... I believe the silver was from 1983-85 which would include their last year in b-more. Good lookin'...

I guess that makes it the reverse of the Rams in a way. Even though the Rams still wore royal & yellow for their first few years in STL, it's still associated with their tenure in LA. Had the Colts kept the silver, it would still be more associated with the Indy Colts, but yea... you weren't disputing that.

I'm born and raised in Indiana, and I don't ever recall seeing silver on their uniforms. Not that I'm a huge Colts fan. However, they are my second-favorite team, and I'd love to see a pic if anyone's got one...

Baltimore82.gif

Used for 3 years in Indiana, 1983 to 1985.

Then in 1987..

Indianapolis87.gif

After that..

Indianapolis88.gif

bSLCtu2.png

Not Bad! I thought it was a nice touch that the Rams (at first) adopted The Gateway Arch in their logo. I always wondered if there was a way to have the Arch morph in to a Ram horn in some way. When I first saw the Arch logo, I thought: "I wonder if there is a way to make that finish as a ram horn". Stuff like that, I just wonder if it was ever on the drawing table, but it didn't look right or what.

Archived