Dallas Cowboys Concept

McCall

First off, I'm not a Cowboys fan, hate them in fact, and don't feel there mishmash of a uniform set quite qualifies as traditional to be considered classic, as is the likes of the simple yet beautiful sets of the Yankees (who I hate as well) or the Tigers in baseball, the Celtics in basketball. I did, however, keep them quite simple in mixing some of past eras into one matching set. They are enough of a traditional team, that with some simplifying they could be classic. I actually went thru a few phases with these, like making the sleeve navy, and filling in navy from the sleeve to the star, like in the old sets. I even did some with white helmets/pants and navy helmets/pants. In the end, I stripped it down to this and felt it was enough. I brought back throwback numbers that just looked great. Changed the striping on the pants, but also the helmet to match. Kind of matches the star and it's outlining. Did the same with the numbers, too. Oh, and obviously, I went strickly Navy and Silver (their actual silver, not the greenish crap). I put the stars on the shoulders and moved the numbers to the sleeves. The numbers on the sleeve are kinda small. I meant to resize them a bit before I saved as a .png, but forgot to. So, if you could overlook that for now, I'll try to correct that. Here ya go:

Cowboys.png

Thanks.

hmmm... something (that I can't seem to put my finger on) seems off about it right now, but it looks like you have the start of what can turn into the PERFECT identity for the Cowboys.

Maybe try following the blue/white shoulder/body pattern as the throwbacks and see how that goes.

I got a hearty laugh out of the home/road designations.

I like what you did, but there's just no solution to the Dallas Cowboys. Every concept I've tried, I've just given up on. You have to standardize the silvers and blues, and yet you can't. My schema for what the Cowboys should look like is too established at this point for me to fix it without having any frustrating cognitive dissonance. I feel like it HAS to be royal and silver-green for the primaries, but that combo doesn't look right for the forced-out-of-white set.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

yes i also liked the home road whatever and whatever the other one isnt, that was pretty good... as for the concept, i like the keeping the same fonts for the numbers on both sets where the boys currently have two different ones... i like the double outline effect way more anyway... i also like the stripes, are they meant to follow the pattern of the numbers and stars? good job... for some reason, i think the jerseys look a little too plain... maybe white sleeves on the blue jersey and vice versa... great concept...

Okay. I added the shoulder/sleeve stiping ala the throwbacks. However, I didn't have a pic at the time to reference, so I kinda winged it. They may look more like the current Titans striping than the actual Cowboys throwback version. If it does look more like the Titans, just somebody say that. I'll try and correct if necessary.

The main reason I didn't add them at first is because somebody, LMUPepbander I believe, did a similar modernization with them, which looked really great, and I didn't want to copy him. On my, though, I added the 2 extra outlines to go with the double outlines throughout the set; on the star, the numbers, and the helmet/pant striping. Plus, just a white sleeve/shoulder sleeve with silver helmet and pants looked off, so this allows some silver to help it flow better.

Just let me know if this helps. And again, feel free to let me know if it's too much like the Titans and I'll try and make it more like the actual Cowboys. Thanks.

Cowboys-with-Jersey-Stripe.png

EDIT: Just found out that the the "striping" goes to below the names on the back. I'll make an adjustment on that and post it tomorrow.

Okay. I added the shoulder/sleeve stiping ala the throwbacks. However, I didn't have a pic at the time to reference, so I kinda winged it. They may look more like the current Titans striping than the actual Cowboys throwback version. If it does look more like the Titans, just somebody say that. I'll try and correct if necessary.

It DOES look more like the Titans, but I don't think it's necessary to "correct" it because it looks sharp the way it is. Although I would like to see a version that replaces the white shoulders on the homes with silver (whether or not it'll actually look better is anyones guess).

I like it a lot, but it wouldn't work as a full time deal. However, it would look great as an alternate set and, logistically, could work. One set would be worn at home 1 week and the other would be worn on the road 1 week, thereby allowing for 2 alternates and appeasing the NFL's "alternates-can-only-be-worn-2-weeks" rule.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

The design with the different colored shoulder (eg. set #2 & #3 #4) are really sharp.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived