Penguins wore white last night vs. Leafs

chrimart

The Pens wore whites last night vs. Leafs.

Any news on that?

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

Yeah, I think they are letting teams ask for tweaks. I know the Sabres wore white at home for most of their divisional games in November, and wore blue for at least one (but it might have been 2) game of a west coast trip.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

The announcers said they did it to "return the favor" to the Leafs for making them wear their black jerseys in Toronto in December. I think because there are no alts, the white becomes an alt this year.

It's just easier to keep it dark at home if they're going to bring back the alts next year.

On a little side note (sorry to thread jack), the Pens have their blue stuff, what would the league do if they came out on the ice in them? The away teams are already wearing their road whites. Would the league fine them? make them change clothes and equipment?

KISSwall09.jpg

On a little side note (sorry to thread jack), the Pens have their blue stuff, what would the league do if they came out on the ice in them? The away teams are already wearing their road whites. Would the league fine them? make them change clothes and equipment?

I believe they are auctioning them off just like the Sabres.

Both teams looked like real hockey teams in the Ice Bowl. The Sabres socks had only one set of stripes but the jerseys looked great, especially without the chest numbers. I had a group of my friends who attended the game.

Would the league fine them? make them change clothes and equipment?

there would probably be a fine and nothing more

Nothing happened to the Mighty Ducks, and they switched jerseys between periods.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived