Alternate uniforms

Linix129

I like them when done good.

Like my hometown teams, some do it good, some don't

76ers - the red alt is actually better than the black uniform and should be the main one

Eagles - The black alt jersey is silly, while I like to wear it, I dont think it looks good at all on tv, you can barely see the midnight green shdowing on the numbers

Phillies - I love the new alts they will be wearing this year, its something somewhat different but not too different

Flyers - Next year they will have an orange alt, which if done right will be their best jersey, unlike their last orange alt they had.

I agree that they are worn too much. I wish the NFL had a "once a year" rule and the other leagues had a 10% rule (8 in NHL and NBA and 16 in MLB).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NFL - Should have alternate uniforms iMo but they worn once a season not twice and pants don't count it's just another option , But on Thanksgiving what ever team playing should wear a throwback that don't count as a Alt .

NBA / MLB - Sundays or weekends they should wear some kinda 3rd uniform .

NHL - Wednesday a 3rd .

College Football - Should wear a throwback once a year vs a rival or something .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I love them. I wish each team had to have one.

I hate how picky and petty some people are. Too much wild colors, too crazy, too out there.

THEY ARE AWESOME!

They are crazy and different for a reason, and I love almost all of them that most people can't stand.

Predators old third, loved it.

Sabres red third, loved it.

Giants red third, love it.

Browns orange, Broncos orange, Islanders orange, love em all.

anti.png

True alternate uniforms, when used for special occasions, are terrific. I loathe the ball-in-glove-era Brewers uniforms, from the amateurish cap logo to the ultra-generic script. But using those uniforms on Sunday afternoons or whatever, that's awesome, and makes the throwbacks a good alternate uniform.

But alternate uniforms that consist of the regular uniform but with different color fabric? That kind of alternate uniform is crap. Even when done well -- as with the new 2008 Royals alts -- I'm still against it. Sell it to the fans, who might want to wear a jersey in a team color that the team doesn't normally wear. But don't wear it on the field. It's lazy design, and in almost all cases reduces the overall quality of a team's uniforms.

Until recently, the NHL probably did alternates better than any other league; most NHL alts were "true" alternates, in that they brought out a new angle on the team identity rather than just offering the same jersey in a different color.

20082614447.png

In the MLB and NHL, alternate uniforms should be limited to only one per team, and should coincide design-wise with the team's current identity

In the NFL, there should be NO alternate uniforms whatsoever.

I could not agree more strongly on all counts.

dont kiss my ass

I like alts that are just mirror images of their current set, but with the other color Ex. Chicago Blackhawks white, red, and black sets. I don't think they should be some color you don't use, a throwback, or feature a different logo.

KISSwall09.jpg

NFL: Should only have one alternate uniform and I agree with claystation360 that the teams that play on Thanksgiving should all wear throwbacks.

MLB: Alternates on the weekends would be a good idea. I like how the Brewers wear their throwback alts on Sundays and now the Jays are making their Flashback Fridays even more special by wearing their throwback alternates as well.

NHL: I agree about wearing them on Wednesdays.

NCAAFB: Wear throwbacks on Rivalry Week.

Well to add to what I said and I'll argee about the flashback Fridays , but I will so add I Alt's that are mirror images of the primary just with the colors flipped . Wizard alt is stupid as hell and to me has nothing to do with the main uniform.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Well to add to what I said and I'll argee about the flashback Fridays , but I will so add I Alt's that are mirror images of the primary just with the colors flipped . Wizard alt is stupid as hell and to me has nothing to do with the main uniform.

Yeah, but that alt's superior to the main uniform in almost every way.

More distinctive colors, and a vastly improved wordmark.

Archived