Yh's one-time super monstro challenge

yh

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 1/3 of the way done!!!

Logos and uniforms are completed for Los Angeles Stars (same name, entirely different concept from Stampman) and St. Louis Aces.

Logo idea sketched for Oakland Knights. Work to be started on Minnesota Bobcats, Pittsburgh Hornets and Philadelphia Ramblers.

I'm having such fun.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

SOme very good stuff there osilverbacks--but the striping on the Pittsburgh jeresy is unlikely for '67--things were more turn ahead the clock than turn back the clock--if you adjusted the striping it would be more accurate for the late '60's--

But having said that, I do like it on its own.

The best ones-for how they fit the theme are Oakland & Minnesota--Oakland is the best, and would look great for any era and theme.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

That Philly jersey is nice stapman

Oh and thanks--it was one of the two I spent the most time on--the other one--I won't say which one is my least favorite of the six I did.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Thanks, gents.  I knew going in I needed at least one jersey with the logo in the circle, a la the Pens in 67, and Minnesota just seemed tofit the bill best.  I'm rather pleased with how that one turned out, but I love all of my little special babies there.

As far as the Pittsburgh striping- originally I only had one large yellow stripe at the shoulders, then I thought- this team is called the Hornets. Let's work within a theme.  So, I bastardized the old Cincinnati Stinger logo, and added extra stripes to the sleeves.  Yes, it's a tad retro, but it works, dammit, it works.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

While Cole writes some checks that my bank can't cash, here are my submissions. I really enjoy trying exercises in style like this one. It really pushes my creativity. The only logo I'm not sold on is my Pittsburgh one. It seems like it's maybe a decade ahead of it's time, but I'll let you guys make the call.

Here's a link: http://www.avengerhockey.com/nextsix/index.html

Hmm I'm not sold on the Geminis--it's also more ahead of it's time--

The Millionaires however is probably the one that fits the theme the best--(although I'd prefer most of the others if using one today)

Overall--great job--I like most of yours better than mine-(although I do like mine)

ok... it took me a while, but i've finished my entry into this contest, and i've gotta say, it was very fun to come up with all these concepts. i'm proud of my work.

THE NEXT SIX - BY COLE JONES

all of these concepts have reasons for the names, most are obvious (like los angeles, all of the street names and such)... some have reasons for the color scheme, also obvious in some cases (the golden eagles are a lot like the gophers, and the purple/yellow connection for all los angeles teams at that time)

anyway, as i said, i'm proud of all of these... and if LA really existed, i'd be wearing a saints jersey right now... cause i love it :)

is there any way we can get this stickied until the contest is over? it gets bumped so often, it'd probably just be easier to stick it... it is one of the bigger and most interesting contests in a long time.

Hmm I get the bandwidth notice--and I can bring up other geocities sites--so I'm inclined to believe the notice--and i know all about the drag & paste, cut & paste, etc.

I'll check back later--this is one of the most interesting challenges.

Hmm I get the bandwidth notice--and I can bring up other geocities sites--so I'm inclined to believe the notice--and i know all about the drag & paste, cut & paste, etc.

I'll check back later--this is one of the most interesting challenges.

try it again... i didn't realize geocities was so picky about being case-sensitive :)

it should work now.

Archived