Yh's one-time super monstro challenge

yh

The team must play in Oakland, however if you wish to use "Golden State" or some other Bay Area moniker, that is okay.  "San Francisco" would not be an acceptable alternative however.  I don't think the folks in Oakland would have liked it either.

Shark is correct, in that the league did originally want the team in SF but the city fathers wouldn't pony up the bucks for a new arena.  Fortunately, the same situation occurred in Baltimore which was also supposed to be a "second six" city.  The owner of the Chicago Blackhawks fixed that situation by finding a group of businessmen upon whom he was able to unload an unprofitable piece of real estate (the St. Louis Arena) and thus the Blues came into existence.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should we post our entrants as we get them done, or wait until they are all complete? I am excited to post mine and see everyone elses.

They should be submitted all as one package rather than one at a time.  Hopefully it will keep the thread shorter.  I'm as anxioius as anyone to see how this comes out but I'm willing to wait until entrants have all six offerings to put forth.  Who knows, this might cause sensory overload or even seizures.

Uhhhh, if the latter happens to be the case, I disclaim all  liability.  :P

Quite well done overall--especially on the colours & stripes...but two of the logos look more like mid 70's than late 60's (although I could be nitpicking)-

The Waves and the Firebirds--the Firebirds looks like a WFL logo--but I like them all.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

am I the first? :D

looks like it!

Bay Area Sharks

Los Angeles Waves

St. Louis Falcons

Minnesota Muskies

Philadelphia Bulldogs

Pittsburgh Firebirds

hope the logos are cheesy enough to pass for 1967!

and yes I named them the sharks okay! :P

those are all really cool. the only thing i'd change would be original uniform designs, instead of a bruins template and a flyers template...

other than that, i like it.

Not too SHaBby....my only critique is that except for the Muskies, the logos all look a little too "clean"...

we'll see how this all shakes out...so far (one entrant showing) none of my names were taken...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Not too SHaBby....my only critique is that except for the Muskies, the logos all look a little too "clean"...

its tough to make logos look "rough" intentionally when youre so used to making things clean.

believe it or not I did freehand the muskies logo (well, except the map behind it) and also the bulldogs logo.

Well here they are--

Oakland Zephyrs & LA Stars

Minnesota Walleyes

St Louis Cloudbusters

Philadelphia Independants

Pittsburgh Pirates

Reasons for team names--I went by what associations I have of those cities--although it's all second hand, I've never been to any of them--and also surfing the net for references.

Oakland--The Zephyr is a train that as far as I can tell use dto go to & from Oakland--and did so in the 60's. It was the type of train I redid for the logo

LA--Stars-Hollywood

Minnesota--the state fish is the Walleye--the logo comes up smaller than I thought--but it's a fish head in a circle.

St Louis--I kept coming across references to aeronautics ad related topics---the term "Cloudbuster" kept coming up too--so I used it.

Philapelphia--I kept coming back to the historical role Philadelphia played in the biirth of the USA

Pittsburgh--All names not in use or the ones used by the actual 1967-68 expansion teams were available--there really was a team named the Pittsburgh Pirates in the NHL--I merely updated the look, as the Ottawa Senators also did.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

am I the first? :D

looks like it!

Bay Area Sharks

Los Angeles Waves

St. Louis Falcons

Minnesota Muskies

Philadelphia Bulldogs

Pittsburgh Firebirds

hope the logos are cheesy enough to pass for 1967!

and yes I named them the sharks okay! :P

like them alot! the sharks one is great. the only problem is that the sleave and shoulder stripping of bay area and l.a. is a little to similar. other then that great job!!!

Archived