Yh's one-time super monstro challenge

yh

Okay I saw them this time --some nice work--especially Oakland and Philadelphia-

although I can't say I like the name "Beat"--still very nice unis.

i admit, it's not the best name ever... but from what i've been told, "beat" was a popular word in phili around that time :)

and if the nba's JAZZ could exist back in the day, then BEAT is a perfectly "cromulent" team name for a 60's hockey team :hockeysmiley:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup...I really like those Oakland jerseys too...ver' nice.

Not sold on the St Louis ones though...I'm not so sure about the stripey-pattern going on in "Chiefs". Plus why name a team after the football team in a rival city?

But otherwise, nice work. Almost as nice as mine ;)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Why cant you both use the same name if you come up with differnt logos?

Zone, you may want to work on those logos, I must honestly say Im not a fan of any of those.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I agree--I used LA Stars first, which was also used later, but no big deal--the unis are quite different.

I think they have potential-but only Minny & Philly look 1967 to me.

BTW that's how I think we should vote on this when the time comes-

-do the logos look 1967?

then

creativity, ability, etc.

Just my thoughts--some very good work though, and most of it has a late 60's feel.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Jkr - go ahead and use it... I'm sure there'll be more duplicates. It'll be interesting to see how the same name gets represented by different designers.

On a similiar note.. zoneranger, I was going to call my Philly team the Minutemen, and I almost named my St. Louis team the Pioneers.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Zone, you may want to work on those logos, I must honestly say Im not a fan of any of those.

Tank, I know they look kind of rough, but I was trying to stay in a 60's mode. Just look at the original Oakland Seals and Pittsburgh Penguins logos and you'll see what I mean.

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

Archived