Yh's one-time super monstro challenge

yh

The original Seals logo is great!

It kind of looks like a cockroach.

Which is preceisely what MAKES it great.

Not really a lot of entries here....are people stumped, or just overwhelmed by the number of competitions lately? OR is everyone just too busy working on the WIN challenge?

It kinda helps me, actually, I might have a shot at this thing... :D

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was thinking the exact same thing :)

this is exactly the kind of contest that i'd love to win... i'm a sucker for retro.

i was thinking the exact same thing :)

this is exactly the kind of contest that i'd love to win... i'm a sucker for retro.

Well if you all withdraw I'll win!

Actually if we voted each team separately I'd vote for a couple of mine, and the others I'd pick someone else's. There have been some very good entires so far.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

so far if I had to vote, it would go:

Los Angeles Waves by SHB

Bay Area Sharks by SHB (though the Prospectors logo was cool as well)

St. Louis Aces by OSilverbacks (also loved the Falcons by SHB)

Minnesota Golden Eagles by ColeDMD

Philadelphia Beat by ColeDMD

Haven't seen a Pittsburgh logo or uni that just made me jump out of my seat yet. Keep workin guys! Lord knows I ain't got the skills.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Here's an update and clarification:

Although the deadline to submit is April 2. 2004, voting will not begin until Monday, April 5, 2004. This will allow everyone to make a well-reasoned and thought out decision.

Okay, it's really because I will be out of town until the 5th, but allowing 3 days for evaluation isn't such a bad idea, I must say.

Voting will not be done on a team by team basis but rather on a package by package basis -- there will be only one winner of this contest; that's why you have to do 6 concepts. If you have a few strong concepts and a few that you aren't crazy about, it might not matter if overall your total package is deemed to be the best of the lot. I hope people will share their thought processes during the voting period. People are working very hard on these concepts and deserve the feedback. At the conclusion of the voting, when the winner is announced, I will provide my own feedback.

Four weeks left. Lots of time to get more entries in. Good luck to everyone and have fun!

There are still three weeks to go in the competition. If anyone else is working on concepts, please post here. Otherwise I might go ahead and close out the contest and set up the poll. If the thread drops off page one and is still off page one by Friday, March 19 we'll start the voting on Monday.

Archived