Wha licensing agreement

NickNickNick

Howdy.  Found this on the WHA site...it has the cans and cannots of the use and misuse of WHA logos.

WHA Licensing

It's pretty technical and legal, but cool, too.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Doesn't the WHA need teams first???

would be nice!  They look to reap the rewards with the NHL shutting down-if no agreement is made.  Good for WHA.

???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

There are currently 11 teams.

Birmingham

Chicago

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Detroit

Hamilton

Minneapolis

Portland

Québec City

St. Louis

Toronto

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Funny, there has been less than zero mention of this league, much less an actual team, here in Minneapolis.

This clearly falls under "I'll believe it when I see it."

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The biggest problem is finding a suitable arena.  Most of the NHL ones I'd imagine are under contract to just house the NHL teams. (Does anyone know exactly how many of the arenas are owned by the same people who own the team?)

That's why MSG and the like won't have a team.

Spoiler

Of the 11 cities, i think the WHA will start off with 8 franchises, probrally with these cities. They'll want to begin in places that have a heavy hockey fanbase, and where the WHA may have had a foothold all those years ago...

Chicago

Cleveland

Detroit

Hamilton

Minneapolis

Québec

St. Louis

Toronto

...These cities seem to be the obvious choices to grant francishes to, of those 11 cities listed.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I keep hearing about St. Louis having a team, but there has not been one whisper in the local media about this, and that's odd given the fact that St. Louis is the sports rumormongering capital of the midwest.  Shoot, I can remember when the Post Dispatch broke the story in 1984 that Ray Malavasi had been hired to coach the St. Louis USFL expansion team that not only was never granted a franchise, but apparently never even applied for one!

Regarding the Cleveland WHL team. It seems that the team would play in the CSU Convocation Center. It's a 12,500 seat facility for indoor soccer/hockey. About 13,500 for hoops. The lay out is similar to the old Richfield Coliseum and the San Diego Sprts Arena.

I actually feel that this team will do better than the AHL Barons. The Barons simply should NOT be playing in Gund Arena. The tickets are pricey for a so-called "Professional", yet still MINOR (Meaning NOT the top level) league team. Consessions are through the roof as well.

So, the WHL (dare I say Crusaders) tickets will be MUCH more consumer friendly. The arena is NOT loaded up with loges and "special" club seat sections.

On that WHA2 page, there is a link to the "New" WHA on the left.

Birmingham

Chicago

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Detroit

Hamilton

Minneapolis

Portland

Québec City

St. Louis

Toronto

actulally i don't think they have finalized any teams yet. I thought i saw the announcement will be made March 1, 2004

Kansas City is on the list. But i have heard ZIP on it.

Birmingham

Chicago

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Detroit

Hamilton

Minneapolis

Portland

Québec City

St. Louis

Toronto

actulally i don't think they have finalized any teams yet. I thought i saw the announcement will be made March 1, 2004

Kansas City is on the list. But i have heard ZIP on it.

Nothing's been truely finalized, no franchises have been granted, but there are interested ownership groups for those areas.

Archived