Why Root for the Pens?

Tons of young talent

Sidney Crosby

cup within next 2 years

history

great past players

Great Ownership/Front Office

Coaching

Legendary Broadcaster (well, he's just on radio now)

a kickass logo

historic arena

and, of course

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flame I'd go with Atlanta as many have suggested. Nothing beats local access to your team. If you really want another team, though, consider Dallas. A fellow Southern team with a lot of character guys (Turco, Zubov, Ribeiro, Morrow, Modano etc.), a perennial playoff team (though they tend to exit early as of late) and the funniest GM in hockey in Brett Hull. Decent color scheme...Mooterus is gone, and IIRC I think you wandered to our fair state a while back and had a good time. Just think of those cute Dallas girls you ran across hanging out at the AAC in their Stars jerseys. They want you to be a fan, Flame. Please think of them. :D

newsig.jpg

I would say cheer for the Leafs, but why?

Go with the Thrashers.

Yeah...cheer for a team that let Florida :blink: score 8 goals on them. :rolleyes:

I picked a good game to go to eh?

oh my

So were you among those in the stands cheering Florida goals?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Penguins

Why Root for the Pens?

Tons of young talent

Sidney Crosby

cup within next 2 years

history

great past players

Great Ownership/Front Office

Coaching

Legendary Broadcaster (well, he's just on radio now)

a kickass logo

historic arena

and, of course

Including this year? Are you cereal?

And no offense but a lot of those reasons can be put into the same category.

History= Great Past Players, Historic Arena, Legendary Broadcaster.

Good Team= Young Talent, Crosby (which is young talent) , Coaching, Ownership.

and logo...oh and the cotton candy guy.

All that could be said for a lot of teams.

Hi, how are you?

And don't forget, this crappy Leafs team raped Ottawa saturday night. I'd take them over the no-depth team anyday! Took no penalties... lowered Emery's trade value even more... good times.

Meh... You win some, you lose some.

You should know that Neon. but I'm glad your enjoying it, you can only live in the past for so long.

You should take your own advice... can't enjoy the overachieving start to the season forever. :P

And Maz... Sidney Crosby is enough of a reason to AVOID the team. I swear, EVERY commercial break has a commercial with him in it, whether it be a Tim Horton's ad or some sort of RBK ad... he... is... EVERYWHERE!

And claiming a cup in the next two years is no different than us Leafs fans saying we're going to win the cup every year. It ain't gonna happen. Crosby with his Achilles' heal (aka WONKY FOOT!) does not guarantee he will be a dominant contributer for the duration of the season and/or playoffs and Fleury's inability to play consistently will hurt the team because he does not yet seem ready to raise his level of play... and no, Conklin will not lead them to a cup win!

The way I see it, no matter what they do, this team won't be able to win a cup with all these young players intact. By the time they hit a level where they can all be consistent and equally contribute, most will be on other teams because they will be demanding too much money and they won't be able to retain them. This is NOT the Oilers of the 80's - they had the advantage of having EXCEPTIONAL talent in all areas (built around the one and only Gretzky, which Crosby is NOT even close to!) and played at a time where their style of play was something new, which was, lots of speed, passing and setting up plays. Now this is common place and everyone uses it in one way or another (unless you are the Devils or the Wild). They were a team of circumstances... right place, right time, right people, and Pittsburgh will not achieve what they did. Too many question marks surrounding many "key" components of this team, such as level of development and injuries, and lets not forget the money issue. By the way... I'm waiting for Crosby to choke from all the SMUG he is giving off... I swear he has been so built up that he now believes his hype (aka likes the smell of his own farts! [get the reference?]).

/End Anti-Pens will win the cup soon rant.

I'd also like to add St. Louis to the list to follow.

Go for a team no one likes so when they do become great, you can be like "I have followed them from the beginning, suckers!"

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'd say stay with the local team. Why choose a team from outside your hometown to be your one and only? The Thrasher have lots of talent to build on.

You could join the Sens Army. We had a bunch of soldiers go AWOL after the Finals last year, so there's lots of room on the bandwagon.

Don't bother being a Leaf fan, they have enough already. There is one plus about becoming a Leaf fan though. You instantly know everything about hockey and you don't have to bother watching any games. :P

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

I'd say stay with the local team. Why choose a team from outside your hometown to be your one and only? The Thrasher have lots of talent to build on.

You could join the Sens Army. We had a bunch of soldiers go AWOL after the Finals last year, so there's lots of room on the bandwagon.

Don't bother being a Leaf fan, they have enough already. There is one plus about becoming a Leaf fan though. You instantly know everything about hockey and you don't have to bother watching any games.

Hey now... don't generalize all of us with those who post on the official Maple Leafs message board... its insulting! :P

And Sens Army... It sounds about as masculine as Richard Simmons or flowers. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

And don't forget, this crappy Leafs team raped Ottawa saturday night. I'd take them over the no-depth team anyday! Took no penalties... lowered Emery's trade value even more... good times.

You should know that Neon. but I'm glad your enjoying it, you can only live in the past for so long.

You should take your own advice... can't enjoy the overachieving start to the season forever. :P

And Maz... Sidney Crosby is enough of a reason to AVOID the team. I swear, EVERY commercial break has a commercial with him in it, whether it be a Tim Horton's ad or some sort of RBK ad... he... is... EVERYWHERE!

And claiming a cup in the next two years is no different than us Leafs fans saying we're going to win the cup every year. It ain't gonna happen. Crosby with his Achilles' heal (aka WONKY FOOT!) does not guarantee he will be a dominant contributer for the duration of the season and/or playoffs and Fleury's inability to play consistently will hurt the team because he does not yet seem ready to raise his level of play... and no, Conklin will not lead them to a cup win!

The way I see it, no matter what they do, this team won't be able to win a cup with all these young players intact. By the time they hit a level where they can all be consistent and equally contribute, most will be on other teams because they will be demanding too much money and they won't be able to retain them. This is NOT the Oilers of the 80's - they had the advantage of having EXCEPTIONAL talent in all areas (built around the one and only Gretzky, which Crosby is NOT even close to!) and played at a time where their style of play was something new, which was, lots of speed, passing and setting up plays. Now this is common place and everyone uses it in one way or another (unless you are the Devils or the Wild). They were a team of circumstances... right place, right time, right people, and Pittsburgh will not achieve what they did. Too many question marks surrounding many "key" components of this team, such as level of development and injuries, and lets not forget the money issue. By the way... I'm waiting for Crosby to choke from all the SMUG he is giving off... I swear he has been so built up that he now believes his hype (aka likes the smell of his own farts! [get the reference?]).

Go for a team no one likes so when they do become great, you can be like "I have followed them from the beginning, suckers!"

What are you talking about? I know the Sen's are playing like :censored: right now, and are no way close the the way they were playing in the beginning of the year. :therock:

And I couldn't agree more about Crosby

Hi, how are you?

And Sens Army... It sounds about as masculine as Richard Simmons or flowers. ^_^

Meh, not the greatest nickname, but I usually don't incorporate the Military with Richard Simmons, and I assume for that to be your first thought when you hear the word Army then you would have to be uh... extremely in touch with your feminine side, "Not that there's anything wrong with that." <- A lil' Seinfeld reference for those who don't know.

Hi, how are you?

pick whatever team you want to follow.

i have multiple teams i follow for different reasons:

Islanders for obvious reasons but i'm growing farther and farther away from them after they ruined their uniforms. I keep them around if anything to keep wife from sending me to the dawg house in cleveland. Plus someone has to keep the memory of fisherman alive.

Bluejackets, i really don't care if they are 82-0 or 0-82. their beauty of a uniform/logo is the sole reason i follow them and nothing more. don't care if a bottom feeder or a cup champion, i just like the logo and uniforms.

Sabres, not really for the team but because Ryan Miller is a favorite of mine going back to his days in Michigan State. If he was to go to ottawa, detroit, toronto or boston i would follow that team. i don't feature them because i refuse to add that abomination of a logo in my sig.

Canucks. well not anymore but i did during the skate logo years. 97 to now i stopped caring about them.

other than that most everyone else is meh to who cares.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

You know, when you substitute "Crosby" with "Leafs," the entire post still flows.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

You know, when you substitute "Crosby" with "Leafs," the entire post still flows.

Pfffft, what are you talking about. I WISH I could say some of that stuff about the Leafs... maybe if put some "do not" and "don't"s in there, it would work perfectly.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

You should take your own advice... can't enjoy the overachieving start to the season forever.

Pfffft, what are you talking about. I WISH I could say some of that stuff about the Leafs... maybe if put some "do not" and "don't"s in there, it would work perfectly.

Western Canadians get massive erections whenever they get an opportunity to bash the Leafs and when you get to Lee's age you have to take every chance you get :)

I would say cheer for the Leafs, but why?

Go with the Thrashers.

Yeah...cheer for a team that let Florida :blink: score 8 goals on them. :rolleyes:

I picked a good game to go to eh?

oh my

So were you among those in the stands cheering Florida goals?

I wasn't cheering but I was all for it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived