My hockey fanhood is for sale...

TFoA

2. It was not a coaching decison. Crosby didnt tell anyone until afterwards.

You CAN'T honestly believe this bs. The doctors who were treating his injury knew, and its their obligation to tell the coaching staff what the situation is. Both need to give the OK for a player to come back into action.

They knew. They let him play.

You think that news like that wouldnt leak out? The media was all over Crosby in the playoffs...it wouldve been made known if he told the team...someone wouldve found out.

They knew from the beginning they had little chance, that hey were not near experienced enough. They wouldnt have put in Crosby knowing he had a broken foot, ESPECIALLY if they knew it would end up being in vain.

Like I said, only a few people would know what was going on and that if they didn't speak, there would be nothing to leak.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2. It was not a coaching decison. Crosby didnt tell anyone until afterwards.

You CAN'T honestly believe this bs. The doctors who were treating his injury knew, and its their obligation to tell the coaching staff what the situation is. Both need to give the OK for a player to come back into action.

They knew. They let him play.

You think that news like that wouldnt leak out? The media was all over Crosby in the playoffs...it wouldve been made known if he told the team...someone wouldve found out.

They knew from the beginning they had little chance, that hey were not near experienced enough. They wouldnt have put in Crosby knowing he had a broken foot, ESPECIALLY if they knew it would end up being in vain.

Like I said, only a few people would know what was going on and that if they didn't speak, there would be nothing to leak.

Still, like I said, had they known they would not have played him because it wouldve been illogical. They knew form the get-go they were going nowhere in the playoffs - putting an injured crosby in for nothing wouldve been a decision they would not have made...they need to be careful with him if hes hurt, like they should be now.

All in all, im still confident they will not start Crosby before late March and by then will still be in the playoff or division race, and the morale/talent boost of a return of a healthy Crosby, Fleury (with the proven backup of Conklin), and Roberts combined with some playoff experience from last year will carry them a few rounds into the playoffs this year and make a stanley cup next year even more possible.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Beyond Leafs/Penguins bickering, this thread has also inspired me to buy an 06-07 blue Predators replica. I don't know that I'll ever wear it, but I'll sure be happy to have it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Flame may I suggest the Phoenix Coyotes, a young exciting team that is finding ways to win and only one seed off of the final playoff spot. Also there are the Wings who are best in the NHL.

They knew form the get-go they were going nowhere in the playoffs - putting an injured crosby in for nothing wouldve been a decision they would not have made...they need to be careful with him if hes hurt, like they should be now.

Its the cup or bust. Are you saying that when Edmonton made it to game Seven of the Stanley Cup Finals when they had snuck in with the 8th seed that they thought "Oh, we aren't going anywhere, so lets not even give it our all."????? If you make the playoffs, you never know what will happen, and that Penguins team last year was ON FIRE leading into the playoffs. You can't say they didn't think they had a shot - they had a shot and they knew it, and what better story line would it be if a sophomore Crosby led that team into the later rounds? It isn't some stupid conspiracy that he knew and kept it hidden, from the moment he hurt his foot and had it looked at by the doctors, they knew what the damage was and the coaching staff knew what the damage was because the medical staff would have to tell them!! They decided, with his OK, that he would go play in the games. Simple as that. They wanted to win, get more people on the Crosby and Pittsburgh bandwagon, and what better way to do that then to cruise through the playoffs, not with this stupid "We won't go far, so lets not try" bs you are preaching.

Do yourself a favour, stop putting all your stock into these analysts, or insiders, and start thinking. It is completely illogical to think that this was some kind of conspiracy... hell, he wouldn't know his foot was broken had the doctors not told him, and they would NOT wait until the end of the playoffs to examine it!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'd just like to say that this is an incredibly informative conversation. I seriously think that now I could hold my own in a hockey conversation..other than saying stuff like "OMGAWD KOVY WAS AMAZUNG!"

I'd cheer for the Thrashers. Would you actually cheer for another team in the Playoffs in hopes that the SC Parade/Celebration is held in another city??? But since the Thrashers are not making the Playoffs this year, I'd say root for teams who never won the Stanley Cup. Cross out the Wings, Devils, and company and chose from there. ^_^

But since the Thrashers are not making the Playoffs this year, I'd say root for teams who never won the Stanley Cup. Cross out the Wings, Devils, and company and chose from there. ^_^

lolwut?

8. Boston 57 pts

-------------------

T9. Carolina 56 pts

T9. Atlanta 56 pts

1. Washington 57 pts

T2. Carolina 56 pts

T2. Atlanta 56 pts

Dude, the Thrashers are 1 point out of the playoffs right now, and one point out of the #3 seed. I still say they have just a tad bit of a chance of making the playoffs this year.

Dude, the Thrashers are 1 point out of the playoffs right now, and one point out of the #3 seed. I still say they have just a tad bit of a chance of making the playoffs this year.

Oh my, you're right. They've been at the bottom for so long that I thought they were still down and out. I should of checked the standings before posting. :wacko:

They knew form the get-go they were going nowhere in the playoffs - putting an injured crosby in for nothing wouldve been a decision they would not have made...they need to be careful with him if hes hurt, like they should be now.

Its the cup or bust. Are you saying that when Edmonton made it to game Seven of the Stanley Cup Finals when they had snuck in with the 8th seed that they thought "Oh, we aren't going anywhere, so lets not even give it our all."????? If you make the playoffs, you never know what will happen, and that Penguins team last year was ON FIRE leading into the playoffs. You can't say they didn't think they had a shot - they had a shot and they knew it, and what better story line would it be if a sophomore Crosby led that team into the later rounds? It isn't some stupid conspiracy that he knew and kept it hidden, from the moment he hurt his foot and had it looked at by the doctors, they knew what the damage was and the coaching staff knew what the damage was because the medical staff would have to tell them!! They decided, with his OK, that he would go play in the games. Simple as that. They wanted to win, get more people on the Crosby and Pittsburgh bandwagon, and what better way to do that then to cruise through the playoffs, not with this stupid "We won't go far, so lets not try" bs you are preaching.

Do yourself a favour, stop putting all your stock into these analysts, or insiders, and start thinking. It is completely illogical to think that this was some kind of conspiracy... hell, he wouldn't know his foot was broken had the doctors not told him, and they would NOT wait until the end of the playoffs to examine it!

They never said that, I did. I said what I thought. The media was too busy with the fact he played with a broken foot in the first place to find out who he told and whether management said he could play.

And no, a team of kids not even in their mid 20's and with no NHL playoff experience whatsoever against one of the NHL's best teams in the first round is not going to make it all the way. At least not this team. I'll admit it, they are not the 80's Oilers, theyre not that good. Seeing how they played in the playoffs because of their inexperience and how good Ottawa was, theyre lucky they werent swept.

Anyways, that still doesnt take away from the fact that I believe they will not start Crosby any earlier than mid March. This team can hold out that long. Even if they dont, the management is smart enough to know starting Crosby too early could very well hurt them even more in the long run.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Oh my, you're right. They've been at the bottom for so long that I thought they were still down and out. I should of checked the standings before posting. :wacko:

Schooled by a brand new Hockey fan...

tisk...tisk...

Well I mean your a Canadiens fan so I don't expect much :P

Hi, how are you?

tisk...tisk...

The only explanation is that today is just a very unlucky day. But man, I never thought the Habs would be that close to your Sens in the standings. I guess it shows they are getting better with every passing day.

tisk...tisk...

The only explanation is that today is just a very unlucky day. But man, I never thought the Habs would be that close to your Sens in the standings. I guess it shows they are getting better with every passing day.

Better huh?

So why did they lose to Toronto last night?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

tisk...tisk...

Better huh?

So why did they lose to Toronto last night?

Ohhh shhhnap!!

BOTH Ottawa and Montreal lost to us... quite sad, really. I don't care if we don't make the playoffs... as long as we screw with Montreal and Ottawa's positions in the standings. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

tisk...tisk...

I don't understand why you brought up the standings though? I was referring to the stereotypical ignorance of a Hab fan. :P

Just kidding, but not really, or am I?

Hi, how are you?

Well, I made mention earlier, but at that point, I was only bidding.

I just won a $40 eBay auction for this beauty:

thrashers550.jpg

After shipping costs are included, I can say that Flame's hockey team ambiguity cost me $50. Nicely done.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Sweet. But I thought you wanted Nashville?

If I were the NHL, I'd be nervous. I meant the Thrashers. The Atlanta team. The one Flame wanted to root for. But I said Predators because, really, there's not much different between a "Thrasher" and a "Predator," they're both Southern teams, and they both came in around the same time. However, I would never confused the Titans for the Ravens, or the Devil Rays for the Diamondbacks. I'm a sports fan and I know all of the teams, yet I made that mistake here. Weird.

thrashers550.jpg

After shipping costs are included, I can say that Flame's hockey team ambiguity cost me $50. Nicely done.

All you need is a rainbow wig and 70 pounds, and you can be the west coast's premier Paynomind impersonator.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

thrashers550.jpg

Let me know when you get it. I won a jersey from the same guy and haven't received an email or even a confirmation of receipt of payment. Granted, it was 4 days ago but I figured I would have received something about it being shipped, thanks for the fast payment, etc.

Also, finding an authentic version of that is getting hard. That's what I'm holding out for.

Archived