AFC East

jimboqb12

Right well im slowly doing all 32 teams of the NFL but I thougt I'd design by division instead of the whole league at once. So here's the AFC East.

Buffalo Bills.

So here it's basically their throwback however it now has the road uniform. I've also gone back to the '63 helmet and lost the blue stripe. I also added the Bills script to the jersey.

BuffaloBills-1.jpg

Miami Dolphins

With the Pats getting so close to the undeafeated title I thought I would return to the Shula era with a slight (and when i say slight i mean slight) modern take on it. I felt that to differenciate it from a throwback and a new uniform I would continue to include the navy blue to break up the tri-colour look. I mixed the '74 helmet with the current logo to keep the mix between old and new.

MiamiDolphins.jpg

New England Patriots

I thought it would be a welcome return to the white helmet and red jerseys! Without taking to much from the current dynasty Pats I played about with shoulder stripe and added stripes on either side with a little piping which, after last night, i realize is very similar to the Pro Bowl jersey chest piping.

NewEnglandPatriots.jpg

New York Jets

I have already posted this concept on this board but felt I should include it with the whole AFC East as this is really a showcase of all my concepts.

Annoyingly I have the original copy of this file on another computer and this meant I was unable to tweek it in the way I wanted to after reading your helpful pointers. So i will look to change the logo on the sleeve and i will also be removing the Kelly Green as it is rather redundant in the grand scheme of the uniform.

JetsUniform.jpg

Not feelin' these as a whole. Is the Bills one really a concept, or just a re-creation? The Dolphins one doesn't say South Beach to me. Miami has typically been an avant garde city, and I think you need to reflect that in the uniforms. Not a fan of the Pats ones, although they are the most interesting. The double piping on the shoulder seems forced, try it on just the top of the shoulder stripe. And I know you didn't edit the Jets one yet, but right now it looks too much like your Panthers concept.

Right well im slowly doing all 32 teams of the NFL but I thougt I'd design by division instead of the whole league at once. So here's the AFC East.

Buffalo Bills.

So here it's basically their throwback however it now has the road uniform. I've also gone back to the '63 helmet and lost the blue stripe. I also added the Bills script to the jersey.

BuffaloBills-1.jpg

Miami Dolphins

With the Pats getting so close to the undeafeated title I thought I would return to the Shula era with a slight (and when i say slight i mean slight) modern take on it. I felt that to differenciate it from a throwback and a new uniform I would continue to include the navy blue to break up the tri-colour look. I mixed the '74 helmet with the current logo to keep the mix between old and new.

MiamiDolphins.jpg

New England Patriots

I thought it would be a welcome return to the white helmet and red jerseys! Without taking to much from the current dynasty Pats I played about with shoulder stripe and added stripes on either side with a little piping which, after last night, i realize is very similar to the Pro Bowl jersey chest piping.

NewEnglandPatriots.jpg

New York Jets

I have already posted this concept on this board but felt I should include it with the whole AFC East as this is really a showcase of all my concepts.

Annoyingly I have the original copy of this file on another computer and this meant I was unable to tweek it in the way I wanted to after reading your helpful pointers. So i will look to change the logo on the sleeve and i will also be removing the Kelly Green as it is rather redundant in the grand scheme of the uniform.

JetsUniform-1.jpg

Bills- Love 'em. Don't change anything.

Dolphins- These are great, too. The only thing I'd change is the facemask. I'd prefer the teal(or aqua, or whatever it's called). Especially digging those socks!

Patriots- I'm not digging these for the most part, man. What's with the nonsensical piping connecting the neckline and shoulder yoke? Kinda seems like you ran out of ideas, here. Those solid socks don't really work for me here, either. I do, however fully approve of the Giants-style pants stripes.

Jets- I really like these, but I disagree with those who dislike the kelly green. I'd actually play it up a little bit, maybe add a touch of it to the pants stripes, collar, and belt, and I'd also use it for an outline around the numbers and logos. Also, I've always thought that the wordmark from the kelly and black days would look good in that logo instead of the font they currently use.

All in all, two are fantastic(Bills and 'Phins), one really sucks(Pats) and the other's okay(Jets). Pretty good job.

Sigs are for sissies.

Am I the only one noticing the amazing similarities between the Pats and Jets jerseys? Not that there's anything wrong with that. In fact, the Pats are kinda nice (albeit a bit overdone).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived