Roswell UFOs

kewp80

Yeah, so after making my Keystone Hilltoppers logo, I guess I've decided to work on some of the other teams in the league.

So here's last year's champion the Roswell UFOs. Had this idea pop into my head the other day, with the green dome being a baseball. This actually turned out better than I thought it would, still not amazing though.

Anyway, C&C if you wish to.

ufos.png

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

First post!

No, do NOT start this :censored:. We don't need every 14 year old on this board saying "OMG FIRST!!!11" at the start of every topic. We already have the stupid IBTL, which needs to stop. If I see this crap again, I am blaming you.

As for the logo, it seems very horizontal to fit on a cap. I don't know how you were going to go about that, but it's something to think about.

I think the logo looks good. I'm not sure if the "flatness" of it is a bad thing or not. I'd suggest about giving it some sort of motion or action, but that might require a complete redesign of the ship. Besides, I'm not sure if it's necessary. It wouldn't work as a hat logo, but you can simply use an "R" or the stereotypical alien head (which would be a good alternate).

The wordmark is fine. You played it safe with the font and I don't have a suggestion that would be better. My issue with it is the "S" in "UFOS." When it's the same size, it looks like it's supposed to be a word rather than an acronym. The immediate solution that I thought about was make the "S" lowercase so it says "UFOs." A second solution would be to insert an apostrophe resulting in "UFO'S." The apostrophe solution isn't quite apporpriate since you're not abbreviating somthing, but I feel some sort of distinction between "UFO" and the pluralizing "S" is needed.

Solid start.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

First post!

No, do NOT start this :censored:. We don't need every 14 year old on this board saying "OMG FIRST!!!11" at the start of every topic. We already have the stupid IBTL, which needs to stop. If I see this crap again, I am blaming you.

It's the first time I've ever done that, and I only did it because I happened to be on at the very moment he posted it, which never happens mid-day. Not for me, anyway. The second it took me to refresh the page, and a new thread appeared. I dunno, it was kind of cool.

And I apologize that the Internet has sullened you.

Yeah, so after making my Keystone Hilltoppers logo, I guess I've decided to work on some of the other teams in the league.

So here's last year's champion the Roswell UFOs. Had this idea pop into my head the other day, with the green dome being a baseball. This actually turned out better than I thought it would, still not amazing though.

Anyway, C&C if you wish to.

ufos.png

I LOVE this! GREAT job! I think putting the UFO on a hat with no text underneath would look GREAT! I would definitely buy one!

As for the "UFOS" text, the only thing that looks weird to me is that the "S" is the same size as "UFO". I understand why it's like that, but I think it makes more send for the "S" to be a little smaller than the other letters.

gYH2mW9.png

I like where you're going with this one.

I'd make the baseball more dominate in the logo. I'd make the "dome" part of the spaceship stick out a little further up, and I would also have a portion of the ball stick out of the bottom of the ship too. I would also have a green star burst behind the ship. I'm thinking of the star burst logo on the Denver Gold of the old USFL (we have it on file here). I'd have the star burst outline in a midnight blue rather than black. Just thoughts on how to make the logo stand out for you.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived