Kings trade Mike Bibby...

TFoA

...to the Atlanta Hawks.

The Kings have reached an agreement in principle to send veteran guard Mike Bibby to the Atlanta Hawks for guards Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue and forwards Lorenzen Wright and Sheldon Williams, sources told The Bee on Saturday.

So yeah, the Hawks basically traded scrubs (2 journeymen PGs & 2 expendable forwards) for a HUGE need: a proven veteran PG. Thievery on the Hawks part.

Thoughts?

Now here's what's funny...the league can't approve this trade until Tuesday (since Monday's a holiday & all...), so Bibby will be starting for the Hawks by Wednesday...@ the Arco Arena against the Sacramento Kings. How weird is that? :lol:

Not on ESPN or anywhere else (Not saying you're lying though).

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Trust me, it's all but official. It was sent to the league, and should be approved on Tuesday, and even though the Sac Bee doesn't have a good reputation on reporting these types of things, the source has an extremely good reputation.

So yeah, I'm about to put in my order for a customized Bibby jersey. :P

Also, this would put the Kings over the roster limit, so two players are going to be bought out. I think it'll be Williams & Wright, honestly.

EDIT: Check the bottomline on ESPN. It should be there now.

As a loyal Kings fan I have to say i'm disappointed with the team this year. They looked very promising when Bibby returned but since then have not played very well. I've always liked Bibby but I think this was a bad deal, the Kings needed to trade Artest who never really fit the team well. As for Bibby, i'm sure the Hawks will improve, but he needed to go to Cleveland, they're already a title contender, they just need a good PG.

As for my Kings I hope that they trade Artest for a few good players and start building around K-mart 23.

I guess it works decently for Sacramento in the fact that all those contracts expire after the season, meaning they're be one of the biggest players in the free agent market. Arenas in Cali, anyone?

Though now Atlanta has what they've always wanted: a proven PG.

Exactly. This is basically a win-win trade. The Kings will be able to make major moves for next season, and the Hawks can begin their playoff push (can't believe I'm typing that). Win-win.

As a loyal Kings fan I have to say i'm disappointed with the team this year. They looked very promising when Bibby returned but since then have not played very well. I've always liked Bibby but I think this was a bad deal, the Kings needed to trade Artest who never really fit the team well. As for Bibby, i'm sure the Hawks will improve, but he needed to go to Cleveland, they're already a title contender, they just need a good PG.

As for my Kings I hope that they trade Artest for a few good players and start building around K-mart 23.

Looks like it's possible Artest will end up in Denver. The Nuggets have been working on a deal with Sacramento to bring Artest here in exchange for Najera and either Nene or Kleiza. Personally, I'd hate to give up Kleiza, so Nene & Najera for Artest would be fine by me... Although Najera is a high energy guy and he'd be missed.

I guess it works decently for Sacramento in the fact that all those contracts expire after the season, meaning they're be one of the biggest players in the free agent market. Arenas in Cali, anyone?

Though now Atlanta has what they've always wanted: a proven PG.

Exactly. This is basically a win-win trade. The Kings will be able to make major moves for next season, and the Hawks can begin their playoff push (can't believe I'm typing that). Win-win.

*scans NBA standings*

I can't believe you can be typing that as well. With two exceptions, the East sucks this year.

-------------------------------------------------------

Looks to be a good trade for both parties. Atlanta can possibly do something this year, and Sacramento needs to retool anyway if they want to compete in the West.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Very good trade for both, Kings get mostly expiring contracts and the Hawks get a well known point guard to team up with Joe Johnson in the backcourt as well as making Josh Smith and Al Horford and them better

Archived