Realistic Football Helmet Template: UPDATE!

scottysprings

UPDATE BELOW

Here's my attempt at creating a football helmet template that rivals the realism of axl's and ptnd's. I know I don't have a chinstrap yet but I don't know how it will look being it will obscure the logo decal. Now give me some C&C!!

Bonus points to the first person to find my reference pic :D

finalrealistichelmettemplat.png

well id nove the hole to the right to make it look like the donut is raised from the rest of the helmet. bare in mind also that the outline of the hole angles in different directions all the way around so the shading will need to be different in places.

for example the hole on my helmet is darker around the bottom edge. although mine is simple posterised two tone, i think its a start.

looks kewl, the ear hole bit looks a little off at the moment.

ive been working on my own template. its a bit less realistic looking though.

helmet.png

Reminds of the movie "A Scanner Darkly"

Never saw it, but I saw the previews.

bufg.png

looks kewl, the ear hole bit looks a little off at the moment.

ive been working on my own template. its a bit less realistic looking though.

helmet.png

Reminds of the movie "A Scanner Darkly"

Never saw it, but I saw the previews.

now that you mention it, it does. the original helmet this thread was made for looks pretty good, some parts are too detailed and thus distracting to me, but the point is to make a realistic looking helmet. the newer one is an upgrade, but the visor is still bothering me. not a lot of players wear visors, so i don't see the point of depicting every teams' helmet with a visor on it. i appreciate the work you have put into this, but i'd say keep it simple.

Archived