Dallas panteras fantasy concept

nitroseed

Okay, so... this logo was created for another fantasy league I'm in, and I wanted to do something really special with it. So, I decided to pay homage to one of my favorite bands of all time: PANTERA! For those of you who don't know, Pantera originated in Dallas, Texas, hence I put the team in Dallas. The name has nothing to do with a panther, which is what "pantera" means in Spanish.

The imagery used is very common for the band -- I even have a T-shirt with a similar design on it -- so I took the main concept and restylized it for logo purposes. The wordmark and the associated secondary and tertiary logos are completely original though.

Enjoy!

Dallas Panteras Logo Package

LOL!!! That's great Nitro! Brings back memories of HS for me and seeing my friend Phil come into school with a different metal T-shirt everyday. Love the type treatment. My only critique would to add a little gray shading to indicate the brow of the skull. I'm all for whitespace but it seems to be missing a little detail.

Did you know Pantera performed on an episode of Spongebob Squarepants? I have a cd of some Spongebob songs and they are on it.

Pantera has to be one of the few bands i've caught close to a dozen shows for. last time (ozzfest w/ Godsmack) was insane.  the white zombie shows were outragous as well.  phil's new projects, Superjoint Ritual and Down won't leave my music players (home, car, computers).  i also see DD and Vinnie have a new deal DamagePlan.  i'll have to look into that one.

oh yeah, the logo... great work as usual Nitro!

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

That's an awesome logo.  It reminds me of "Indiana Jones And The Temple of the Forbidden Eye" ride in Disneyland with the way those daggers go through the skull!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Nitro.... You.... great.. words.. not working.... Pantera... Sports... logo... cool... God.....

YOU [FLUFFING] RULE!!!!!!

**[brackets] denote Mod Edit

Edited by SyPhi - 2/13/04 - 4:18pm

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You might want to knock out a couple of teeth on that skull though?  They're a little too straight!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Very very nice. Do you have uniforms that go with the set?

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Very very nice. Do you have uniforms that go with the set?

Home jerseys - black T shirts

Road jerseys - white ringer T's

Will the pants be designed to accommodate wallet chains?

:D  :D  :D

Clever concept and great work as usual, Nitro!

I guess I'm not quite old enough to know a lot of Pantera, but the design is really good.

Get listening.. Pantera, Early Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead...

...get listening...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I guess I'm not quite old enough to know a lot of Pantera, but the design is really good.

Get listening.. Pantera, Early Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead...

...get listening...

MOTORHEAD!!!!!!  YES!!!!!!!

"Killed by Death" is one of my all time favorites!

Archived