AC Miami/Miami Fusion

fishheatcats

Well this is my 3rd Miami MLS concept now, but it's not everyday your hometown has a shot at a new pro franchise, so ideas are constantly spinning through my head, I just can't stop it lol. I picked the name AC Miami because honestly I was messing around with various letter combos, and ACM made the nicest little symbol. The colors are based off the city of Miami's flag, but I darkened them to resemble UM(the light colors of the flag don't look so great). That's pretty much it, so C&C as usual.

ORIGINAL

acmiamiui1.gif

EDIT: ALL NEW COLOR SCHEME

acmiamiv2ic5.gif

And for good measure, the Miami Fusion reborn!

miamifusionv2bj7.gif

Fusion w/ original team colors

miamifusionv4wr1.gif

I really can't quit!! I'm off school for a week and I figured what the heck, how about a Fusion concept as well? I updated the old wordmark and incorporated the 'M' into a more traditional crest design, not like the awful oval they originally had. I like both color combos, although between L.A., St. Louis, and Seattle, both combos will have already been used by the time Miami gets in. I think with the more true blue/yellow and stripes they could differentiate themselves from the Galaxy. You can probably see the Mutiny reference in the crest, with the two color split. I kind of squashed the two old teams together to some extent. Also I took my first shot at long sleeves. If they go with an American style name, I hope they revive the Fusion. I always thought it was a cool name, plus the MLS still owns the rights to it, they let the Mutiny die but they held onto Miami Fusion FC, which leads me to believe they will pull a San Jose and keep the name.

Well this is my 3rd Miami MLS concept now, but it's not everyday your hometown has a shot at a new pro franchise, so ideas are constantly spinning through my head, I just can't stop it lol. I picked the name AC Miami because honestly I was messing around with various letter combos, and ACM made the nicest little symbol. The colors are based off the city of Miami's flag, but I darkened them to resemble UM(the light colors of the flag don't look so great). That's pretty much it, so C&C as usual.

You mean a second shot, or are you to young to remember the Fusion. :D As for the concept it is skillfully done. But enough with the euro crap. The wordmark at the top of the badge, is kinda hard to read, and looks like the support beams of a stadium. As for the colors...mehh. That combo is already linked with another Miami team. I kinda dig the road kit it harkens back the the Ft. L Strikers.

Leave the orange, drop the green and give this team a name.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I really like the interlocking letters. You could probably just use that as the badge and it would look good. Not too sure about the colours, it could do with some brightening up i think. As for the name, sounds alright to me. Maybe change it to Miami AC, which I think would make more sense in English. Don't bother with a nickname, one's made up by fans always sound better anyway.

You mean a second shot, or are you to young to remember the Fusion. :D

Well a new shot at a pro franchise... I remember the Fusion, that's why Pablo Mastroeni is the name on the back! I'm afraid if I go all orange it will look too much like Houston, but I'll play around with the colors a bit. I kind of like the International style names myself, sounds more like soccer to me.

I love the overall design, but I'm not feeling the colors for a Miami team...maybe its because St. Patrick's Day just passed. Maybe softer oranges and green, but then we'll have a dolphins-esque team and no one wants that.

Interlocking letters are sweet...great work.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I absolutely love this. I really think this is a classy kit set. When you say a shot at a new pro franchise, what are you talking about? Is there chatter about a new Miami team?, if so do you have the link(s).

I absolutely love this. I really think this is a classy kit set. When you say a shot at a new pro franchise, what are you talking about? Is there chatter about a new Miami team?, if so do you have the link(s).

Yes, there is talk of a new Miami MLS team. I say new but the Miami Fusion actually played in Ft. Lauderdale, not Miami, so they would be the first true Miami team. The City of Miami has approved $50 million to go towards a $100 million soccer stadium on the Orange Bowl site next to the new Marlins stadium. However, the city/Marlins have set June/July as a deadline for the MLS to get an investment group together for the other 50 mil, so that they don't have construction still going on during the first 2 Marlins seasons at the new ballpark. Check out www.miamisoccerfan.com, home of the Miami Ultras. We are the Miami equivalent of Sons of Ben, and also the official Miami FC supporters group. All the articles form various sources about expansion are in the news section. With St. Louis almost a lock for #17, Miami, in terms of overall progress and momentum, is at the head of the pack for the 18th team, along with Montreal, Atlanta, Phoenix, and another NY team. Fingers crossed!!

The new colour sceme is 100% better, and I think the away shirt really stands out now.

I'd like to see you try and do a little more with the home shirt, not sure what, but maybe a move away from the Chelsea/Liverpool template. Keep the all-white though, it's a great look for the team and the MLS.

All in a all, a pretty good update!

I think that 'Miami' gets a little bit lost in the top of the crest. Not sure what would be the best way to clear it up though.

And strictly my .02, but it seems silly that a team's crest should be based on its away strip (which is prone to change) rather than its home strip.

The new colour sceme is 100% better, and I think the away shirt really stands out now.

I'd like to see you try and do a little more with the home shirt, not sure what, but maybe a move away from the Chelsea/Liverpool template. Keep the all-white though, it's a great look for the team and the MLS.

All in a all, a pretty good update!

I disagree. The original colors are much better suited for a team in Miami. I think that they would have to have some orange in there somewhere. I really think they could get away with having the same colors as another team in Miami. Several cities have teams with the same colors. I much prefer the orange and green.

New color set-up is a huge improvement! Top notch work on this!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Man I love these, I know it would likely lead to the leagues demise but I wish MLs had like 40 clubs and two divisions. It would jsut be amazing, because this design belongs in the league (the updated one).

untitled-6.jpg

I like both alot.. the original set a bit better.

I'm surprised Miami hasn't got a team already...with the Latin culture there a team could thrive.

google miami fusion...

I think there has been enought said about Blue on these boards for a while.

But Lt. Blue and Orange might be a cool combo though.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I like both alot.. the original set a bit better.

I'm surprised Miami hasn't got a team already...with the Latin culture there a team could thrive.

google miami fusion...

I think there has been enought said about Blue on these boards for a while.

But Lt. Blue and Orange might be a cool combo though.

I was going to say the same thing. Maybe take one blue and put it with orange or use both blues w/ orange.

Plus, how does one go about doing the stripe pattern (the one in the middle of the away) on a jersey?

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I was going to say the same thing. Maybe take one blue and put it with orange or use both blues w/ orange.

Plus, how does one go about doing the stripe pattern (the one in the middle of the away) on a jersey?

There are probably several ways to do it, I personally did it by copying the rectangle shapes and then making a clipping mask out of the piping design to contain everything. Of course if your not using Illustrator, Photoshop, or something similar it would be a lot tougher.

• 1 month later...

Archived