2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

That has to be a surreal no hitter, in a neutral field for a road game that sounds like a Cubs home game in the stadium of the team closest in the standings to you and that same team is doing the gag away.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers set to be swept, lose lead in Wild Card, and make me weep into my pillowcase... Stay tuned.

I'm mad the game isn't on for my local tv so I have to watch the electronic gameday thing. But I'll make that sacrifice for this win.

It was on CW Philly for us, but I don't think the affiliates were carrying it. You missed an awesome start. CG by Myers, 2 hits (1 was a crushed line drive HR by Prince), only 4 Ks, less than 95 pitches, he added a 2-out RBI single and came around to score (sliding in safe!) on a Rollins hit......all on 3 days rest!!! Even Burrell got in on the act, adding an upper deck shot...

Phils head to Atlanta and Florida now, which is always a brutal trip....

He did it

And the Mets are the ones cursed with No Hitters

No no hitters and they traded Nolan Ryan

And, of course, Willie Randolph and Omar Minaya and Billy Wagner and any other excuse you want to use.....

Well what else would you call it, but personally Ill take the Mets history with 2 World Champs and 0 No Hitters before the Astros 0 World Champs and 10 No Hitters.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

That has to be a surreal no hitter, in a neutral field for a road game that sounds like a Cubs home game in the stadium of the team closest in the standings to you and that same team is doing the gag away.

Is this actually the first neutral field no hitter in MLB history?

It's got to be. How many neutral site games have there ever been?

It's where I sit.

Brewers set to be swept, lose lead in Wild Card, and make me weep into my pillowcase... Stay tuned.

I'm mad the game isn't on for my local tv so I have to watch the electronic gameday thing. But I'll make that sacrifice for this win.

It was on CW Philly for us, but I don't think the affiliates were carrying it. You missed an awesome start. CG by Myers, 2 hits (1 was a crushed line drive HR by Prince), only 4 Ks, less than 95 pitches, he added a 2-out RBI single and came around to score (sliding in safe!) on a Rollins hit......all on 3 days rest!!! Even Burrell got in on the act, adding an upper deck shot...

Phils head to Atlanta and Florida now, which is always a brutal trip....

Yeah of all the games to miss it's this one. But like I said, I'll gladly sacrifice if they keep having outings like that. Myers is like a completely different pitcher now. And a good job by him and Blanton today to save the bullpen and pretty much give them a day off.

But the Phillies always have a brutal road trip after a big sweep at home (the Mets sweep last year then losing to the Marlins). Hopefully they can keep this streak going.

Edit: Congrats to Zambrano. Great game and an amazing accomplishment.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Is this actually the first neutral field no hitter in MLB history?

How about the first no-hitter where both teams dress up as the road team? :P

6uXNWAo.png

So I'm watching the highlights now, and it looks like that place was FULL of Cubs fans. Wow.

Believe it. Anytime the Cubs play the Brewers at Miller Park, it's a sell-out with about 40-50% of the fans rooting on the Northsiders.

6uXNWAo.png

So I'm watching the highlights now, and it looks like that place was FULL of Cubs fans. Wow.

Believe it. Anytime the Cubs play the Brewers at Miller Park, it's a sell-out with about 40-50% of the fans rooting on the Northsiders.

I mean, I wasn't surprised to see a lot of Cubs fans there. Just looked like from the highlights that the place was filled to the MAX with Cubs fans.

I mean, I wasn't surprised to see a lot of Cubs fans there. Just looked like from the highlights that the place was filled to the MAX with Cubs fans.

I would assume that all the tickets were one price and just labeled "General Admission", and you sat wherever you wanted. No one buys General Admission seats and sits farthest away on purpose.....

I would assume that all the tickets were one price and just labeled "General Admission", and you sat wherever you wanted. No one buys General Admission seats and sits farthest away on purpose.....

They were regular tickets, sold at marquee prices like a normal Brewers game. They were selling Field and Loge level tickets only, Terrace level was closed (I sat there when I drove up there for the Brewers/Mets labor day game)

The real question is: Did anyone tailgate? :o

and yeah, that place was ALL Cubs fans. Tonight was definitely Wrigley Field North instead of Miller Maid Park

2IA3b.png

It's sad that MLB makes it so obvious they don't want the Cubs to screw it up. Neutral site? Whatever. Why not have them play right here in St. Louis? I hate the Astros, but they got the shaft all the way around on this.

It's sad that MLB makes it so obvious they don't want the Cubs to screw it up. Neutral site? Whatever. Why not have them play right here in St. Louis? I hate the Astros, but they got the shaft all the way around on this.

I agree that would have been a better spot for neutrality

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

ANGELS DEFEAT MARINERS, 5-2!

LIGHT UP THE HALO!

JUST ANOTHER ANGELS VICTORY!

Also, if it's just another Angels victory, then why the hell are you always so damn excited?

First off, the phrases "Light Up The Halo" and "Just Another Angels Victory" are catch phrases of the broadcasters. They say it after every Angels win, and have been doing so for quite some time now. It's a tradition. Hell, the store even sells officially licensed t-shirts with the phrase on it. It's how they say each phrase. And each victory now is another step closer to goal #2 of 4, Home-Field Advantage.

Secondly, My bad for having an interest in my team and loving to see them win everyday. I personally want to cherish this era of Angels baseball, unlike the Mickey Mouse organization we were during my childhood in the 90s (I mean this in the literal and figurative senses). And when I type the phrases, It's not like I'm jumping off the walls like we just won the World Series. I'm just happy for the win. We're in the race for the best record in the AL and Home-Field Advantage. Something that the team should desperately want and need, especially if they end up playing the Red Sox or Rays.

Thirdly about the saves record, again my bad for being excited for one of our players breaking a record in a major pitching category. You all can say what an overblown stat the save is and blah blah blah. I'm sorry K-Rod isnt Mariano Rivera or John Papelbon and walks (or dances) on water. It's a major league record. It's a major category. Oh, and he's an Angel. So I wanted to celebrate his record.

No need to be a jerk and put a dampen on anyone's enthusiasm about their team.

It's an internet forum.

If you don't like it, ignore it.

And if you say that I'm a hypocrite for not ignoring you. I didn't personally call you out. You did. I defended myself.

Now, good day to you, sir.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived