2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

ANGELS DEFEAT MARINERS, 5-2!

LIGHT UP THE HALO!

JUST ANOTHER ANGELS VICTORY!

Also, if it's just another Angels victory, then why the hell are you always so damn excited?

First off, the phrases "Light Up The Halo" and "Just Another Angels Victory" are catch phrases of the broadcasters. They say it after every Angels win, and have been doing so for quite some time now. It's a tradition. Hell, the store even sells officially licensed t-shirts with the phrase on it. It's how they say each phrase. And each victory now is another step closer to goal #2 of 4, Home-Field Advantage.

Secondly, My bad for having an interest in my team and loving to see them win everyday. I personally want to cherish this era of Angels baseball, unlike the Mickey Mouse organization we were during my childhood in the 90s (I mean this in the literal and figurative senses). And when I type the phrases, It's not like I'm jumping off the walls like we just won the World Series. I'm just happy for the win. We're in the race for the best record in the AL and Home-Field Advantage. Something that the team should desperately want and need, especially if they end up playing the Red Sox or Rays.

Thirdly about the saves record, again my bad for being excited for one of our players breaking a record in a major pitching category. You all can say what an overblown stat the save is and blah blah blah. I'm sorry K-Rod isnt Mariano Rivera or John Papelbon and walks (or dances) on water. It's a major league record. It's a major category. Oh, and he's an Angel. So I wanted to celebrate his record.

No need to be a jerk and put a dampen on anyone's enthusiasm about their team.

It's an internet forum.

If you don't like it, ignore it.

And if you say that I'm a hypocrite for not ignoring you. I didn't personally call you out. You did. I defended myself.

Now, good day to you, sir.

I think it's more the pictures and doing it every day stuff. We all love our teams but this thread would be flooded with crap instead of real discussion if we all had a big post with caps lock and pictures every day our teams won. I don't think he's really all that angry about it, just an honest question.

Secondly, I don't blame you for celebrating the saves record even though it is a completely crappy stat. And Papelbon is overrated a touch.

Finally, why not put all that :censored: in your damn sig, they win every damn day anyway. :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers set to be swept, lose lead in Wild Card

It doesn't seem like long ago that Milwaukee was an absolute LOCK for the NL Wild Card. Did the Brewers think they could just ride CC Sabathia's back and he would single-handedly carry them into the playoffs?...

And what the hell happened to Prince Fielder?? I haven't heard his name all year!

6uXNWAo.png

Brewers set to be swept, lose lead in Wild Card

It doesn't seem like long ago that Milwaukee was an absolute LOCK for the NL Wild Card. Did the Brewers think they could just ride CC Sabathia's back and he would single-handedly carry them into the playoffs?...

And what the hell happened to Prince Fielder?? I haven't heard his name all year!

JJ Hardy is stealing his thunder. LOL

2IA3b.png

Great move, in my opinion. Light a fire under the team.

Kind of the opposite of what they did by making such a big stink about Sabathia's non no-no and bringing a negative atmosphere around what was a red hot team. They're 3-11 (I think) since then, by the way.

IUe6Hvh.png

I know this is a bit premature, but the Cubs are no-hitting the Astros again -- this time with Ted Lilly doing the honors thru five.

Overall, thru 14 innings at "Wrigley North", Houston has ZERO hits. Ouch.

6uXNWAo.png

I know this is a bit premature, but the Cubs are no-hitting the Astros again -- this time with Ted Lilly doing the honors thru five.

For more evidence that this is really a Cubs home game my Directv guide list the game as Astros @ Cubs.

Now that's funny stuff. Through 6 now.

By the way, for anyone interested, there's a really good article on Dustin Pedroia in USA Today, along the same lines of the one about him in ESPN Mag last month.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/al...4-Pedroia_N.htm

IUe6Hvh.png

How weird would it have been to have back to back no hitters at a neutral site?

And I'm shocked by the Brewers move. Do the higher ups not even think they'll make the playoffs now? I don't think this was the right time for this, but what do I know.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

By the way, for anyone interested, there's a really good article on Dustin Pedroia in USA Today, along the same lines of the one about him in ESPN Mag last month.

"The first day he walked into my office," Arizona State coach Pat Murphy says, "he is white as snow, weighing maybe 150 pounds, and wearing this cut-off T-shirt. He raises his arms, and says, 'How do you like these guns?' He didn't even say hello, and he's already talking smack.

Dude. I love this dude soo much. :D

"The first day he walked into my office," Arizona State coach Pat Murphy says, "he is white as snow, weighing maybe 150 pounds, and wearing this cut-off T-shirt. He raises his arms, and says, 'How do you like these guns?' He didn't even say hello, and he's already talking smack.

Is it just me, or do the Red Sox players just seem like the coolest dudes in the MLB? I mean, when you have guys that are doing stuff like that (idc if it was back in the day, that could be his M.O. in the clubhouse for all we know), they just seem like some guys who just know how to have a good time.

Is it just me, or do the Red Sox players just seem like the coolest dudes in the MLB? I mean, when you have guys that are doing stuff like that (idc if it was back in the day, that could be his M.O. in the clubhouse for all we know), they just seem like some guys who just know how to have a good time.

That's definetely the way Dustin Pedroia still is. Here's my favorite quote from the article...

He was stopped at the players' entrance at Coors Field in Denver during last year's World Series against the Colorado Rockies. The security guard didn't believe Pedroia was a player and shooed him away. Pedroia seethed. He produced his players' ID card, and the security guard questioned whether it was legitimate.

Pedroia, unable to contain his rage any longer, dropped a subtle reminder, much to the delight of Red Sox manager Terry Francona, who tells the story.

"He says, 'You don't know who I am? You don't know who I am?' " Francona says. " 'Ask Jeff f???- Francis who the f?- I am. I'm the guy who hit a bomb and just ended their f???- season."

Here's the ESPN Mag article for what it's worth...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3512455

IUe6Hvh.png

And I'm shocked by the Brewers move. Do the higher ups not even think they'll make the playoffs now? I don't think this was the right time for this, but what do I know.

I don't quiet understand the move either. Yeah, the Brewers have fallen off a bit this month, but the season's not over yet -- and they still have a share of the NL Wild Card. Plus, they weren't even on the baseball map before Yost, as they had finished below .500 ever since joining the National League in 1998.

I would say a good portion of the Brewers' turnaround can be attributed to Yost's arrival -- so where's the loyalty, Milwaukee?

6uXNWAo.png

Archived