Reds Alternate

jake22

ok so the Cincinnati Reds have been around forever! they have a white, grey, and red jersey in their wardrobe so far. in spring training they wear a black jersey (on the road)(they wear red at home), i think that is cool so i turned it into an alternate road jersey.

tell me what you think

reds.png

C&C

that would be the spring training one i was talking about

You're right, I did not realize you were aware of the spring training one.

It's clean but I think teams should tend to stay away from black as the main color. Every team who has a black trim is all good, but they don't all need to make a black jersey just because it's part of their scheme. Don't people like colors anymore?

jake22 - I chose this one of your threads to tell you something that doesn't have anything to do with the concept itself. Slow down. You have 4 concepts on the first page. I know its really fun and exciting to post new stuff when you are new to the board, but just space them out a little more. When you just throw designs out there, the quality just goes down. Not that I have seen anything bad from you, but it's just a general trend.

It's clean but I think teams should tend to stay away from black as the main color. Every team who has a black trim is all good, but they don't all need to make a black jersey just because it's part of their scheme. Don't people like colors anymore?

As an alternate, I think black is the best color to use. If you thing about it. White home, grey road, black alt. It just makes sense.

Most teams do use bright colors for alternates which it precisely why i think black would be a nice change of pace. Its sharp and looks good in action.

ok elliot. i will slow down. thanks!. i did post one more before i saw your comment but i will take more time and post less.

Yeah I realize you were probably in the process of posting that last concept. I do like your designs but I think my advice will help you in the long run.

As an alternate, I think black is the best color to use. If you thing about it. White home, grey road, black alt. It just makes sense.

Most teams do use bright colors for alternates which it precisely why i think black would be a nice change of pace. Its sharp and looks good in action.

They're the "REDS", not the "REDS but only a little bit on a predominantly black background." And besides, unnecessary black alternates probably outnumber the bright colored alternates, and is the reason everyone is sick of seeing black alternates.

They're the "REDS", not the "REDS but only a little bit on a predominantly black background." And besides, unnecessary black alternates probably outnumber the bright colored alternates, and is the reason everyone is sick of seeing black alternates.

Speak for yourself buddy. I think most MLB teams would look pretty good with black alternates. They are just afraid to go there because it gets too hot in the summer, that's why they choose to rely on lighter colors, less heat-absorbant

Speak for yourself buddy. I think most MLB teams would look pretty good with black alternates. They are just afraid to go there because it gets too hot in the summer, that's why they choose to rely on lighter colors, less heat-absorbant

Yeah, that's it. And the fact that they don't have black anywhere in there set and are actually using the TEAM COLORS has nothing to do with it?

Did you somehow have a part in creating the current Mets' set, A's alts, and previous Royals uniforms? You seem to be pretty adomant about adding black where it's not particularly needed. :therock:

You're right all these teams would look GREAT with black jerseys.

-Red Sox

-Yankees

-Rays

-Indians

-Tigers

-Twins

-Angels

-M's

-Rangers

-Braves

-Phillies

-Nationals

-Cubs

-Brewers

-Pirates

-Cardinals

-Dodgers

-Padres

They would all look great. <_<

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I'm pleasantly surprised. This looks WAY better than I thought it would. I especially like Mr. Redlegs on the sleeve, and the numbers and logo really 'pop' against that stark black background.

Even though the team IS called 'The Reds'....

Sigs are for sissies.

-Red Sox

-Yankees

-Rays

-Indians

-Tigers

-Twins

-Angels

-M's

-Rangers

-Braves

-Phillies

-Nationals

-Cubs

-Brewers

-Pirates

-Cardinals

-Dodgers

-Padres

Lol...

I don't like black as an alternate jersey color. We see plenty of teams with just plain bad black alternate jerseys. To name a few: Jays, Athletics, Mets, Marlins (IMO, but I also think that a lot of people would agree with me). Really, baseball should just be home and away - not every team would have to have a gray road jersey, but some sets are fine until the alternate is introduced. See: Braves, Angels, Red Sox...

Besides the fact that a black alternate for the Reds would be terrible, if this is supposed to be current, it would have to have the modern sleeve patch (the turn of the century mascot) and the current number/name font.

VmWIn6B.png

Besides the fact that a black alternate for the Reds would be terrible, if this is supposed to be current, it would have to have the modern sleeve patch (the turn of the century mascot) and the current number/name font.

Then It is to be considered a throwback .

-Red Sox

-Yankees

-Rays

-Indians

-Tigers

-Twins

-Angels

-M's

-Rangers

-Braves

-Phillies

-Nationals

-Cubs

-Brewers

-Pirates

-Cardinals

-Dodgers

-Padres

Lol...

I don't like black as an alternate jersey color. We see plenty of teams with just plain bad black alternate jerseys. To name a few: Jays, Athletics, Mets, Marlins (IMO, but I also think that a lot of people would agree with me). Really, baseball should just be home and away - not every team would have to have a gray road jersey, but some sets are fine until the alternate is introduced. See: Braves, Angels, Red Sox...

Thats exactly what i was getting it. Some alternate jerseys clearly just dont look right even though the have the team color. As an example I tihnk the Tigers could get away with a black alternate. Im not saying you need to change the hat or even the pants. Just a black alternate with the Olde English D in white. or maybe in navy outline in white. It would sell well and give the team a chance to expand their identity some.

-Red Sox

-Yankees

-Rays

-Indians

-Tigers

-Twins

-Angels

-M's

-Rangers

-Braves

-Phillies

-Nationals

-Cubs

-Brewers

-Pirates

-Cardinals

-Dodgers

-Padres

Lol...

Thats exactly what i was getting it. Some alternate jerseys clearly just dont look right even though the have the team color. As an example I tihnk the Tigers could get away with a black alternate. Im not saying you need to change the hat or even the pants. Just a black alternate with the Olde English D in white. or maybe in navy outline in white. It would sell well and give the team a chance to expand their identity some.

That wouldn't look good at all. The Tigers colors are navy with some orange. Why would they make a black alternate when they could just make a navy one?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived