2009 ACC Baseball Championship

bcdevil

This is what happens when Boston College joins the ACC: you end up with stuff like this in Big East territory. As for the logo itself, why did they make the Green Monster all curvy? The last time I checked, it was a straight wall. Not a good job by the ACC here.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

The Red Sox and the Beagles from Boston College have some joint marketing agreement (I think they're partners in something called The Fenway Sports Group).

Funny, the Red Sox won't let the local college teams play both rounds of the Baseball Beanpot at Fenway for concerns about "Field Usage" and "interference" with tours of Fenway (read: Money), but they'll let the ACC play their tournament there.

I hope it's about 45 degrees and rainy for the whole tournament.

The Red Sox and the Beagles from Boston College have some joint marketing agreement (I think they're partners in something called The Fenway Sports Group).

Funny, the Red Sox won't let the local college teams play both rounds of the Baseball Beanpot at Fenway for concerns about "Field Usage" and "interference" with tours of Fenway (read: Money), but they'll let the ACC play their tournament there.

Ummmm...I'm hoping that that's typo.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

BC needs the marketing FSG provides. The fans are despicable in showing up and providing school spirit, so I think the (marketing) partnership is good. Of course FSG is only out there for money and they can be over the top but they are great owners. However I don't see a huge crime here like you do. (As much as I love local college athletics, how many people care about the Baseball Beanpot? Even I don't really).

Ummmm...I'm hoping that that's typo.

No, I think it's some kind of insult.

The whole concept is just wrong in so many ways. The ACC should be a SOUTHERN conference with its conference tournaments played in the SOUTH. I know, I know that BC is in the conference, but now everybody but BC has to travel to the northeast for the tournament. Ridiculous. Oh, the logo. meh.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

The whole concept is just wrong in so many ways. The ACC should be a SOUTHERN conference with its conference tournaments played in the SOUTH. I know, I know that BC is in the conference, but now everybody but BC has to travel to the northeast for the tournament. Ridiculous. Oh, the logo. meh.

Meanwhile, a thread over in The Lounge mentioned that the Big East baseball tournament is being held in Clearwater, FL. What in the world is going on here? Has anyone checked the weather forecast for Hell in the last few days?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 4 months later...

Archived