All it takes is $40 and a dream.

Lee.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 hours-plus without a post. Is the ABA hoop dream dying that quickly?

Yes, the joke is DEAD!. I think it was because trying to get 500 random people to donate 40$ was too hard and with all the other hassles it might have been too much for just a quick chuckle

Yes, the joke is DEAD!. I think it was because trying to get 500 random people to donate 40$ was too hard and with all the other hassles it might have been too much for just a quick chuckle

I swear I had nothing to do with this... :unsure:

I saw, I came, I left.

I think you underestimate the power of the internet.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I think this is a great idea, but 500 people is a lot to ask $40 from each. I will get around to donating once my tax rebate comes in. Heck, I might buy a couple of shares.

Now obviously this isn't going to be a one-week thing. I suspect that the MLB group redesign will be done before this, and that thing is dead. However, as Lee told me in a PM, we will rely on the forums first and then possibly branch out elsewhere. $40 is not a lot to ask. 500 people is, though.

If only we had females on the site, then we could hold a bikini car wash or something.

For all intents and purposes, the site is now live. There are buttons there which will allow you to contribute via Paypal quickly and easily; they direct to my regular gmail address, but rest assured, all monies collected are going toward The Dream©. (I just added the aba.dreams@gmail.com address to my usual Paypal account anyway).

In the next day or so, I plan on putting the shirt links and other various items in, depending on Yzer's schedule and whatever else comes up.

Remember, this isn't a joke. We can and will get this done.

A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Guys, while I share Lee's enthusiasm for the concept, I'm going to ask everyone to put the brakes on making a contribution at this time. Lee, I and others are working on the overall concept behind abahoopdreams.com, particularly gathering more specific information with respect to a number of subjects, including:

1. Where the team would ultimately be located and would play its games;
  2. The business model for the organization that would run the franchise;
  3. A determination of exactly how much capital is needed, and what contributions from each person/member/owner are sufficient (hint, $40 is low);
  4. What sources of revenue the team would have aside from its basketball operations;
  5. Ascertaining other means by which membership/shares in the team could be acquired (some folks don't like PayPal, it turns out);
  6. How the organization operating the franchise will be run; and finally
  7. Who will play what specific role in the organization, the franchise, and their development.

So while I'm firmly committed to the concept behind abahoopdreams.com, for now it's time to take a step back and think everything through - then stride forward with a comprehensive gameplan that will make ours a unique franchise model in American professional sports.

nav-logo.png

Mac is right.

We (and by we, I mean "I") entered into this project on a lark. As it snowballed and enthusiasm grew, things just kind of went off from there. I'm now seeing that it's folly to be soliciting donations for something like this so soon.

I will be refunding the non-deposit funds to the original contributors, less the paypal fees, and for those who sent deposits, true to my word, I'll send that cash off to a charity that accepts paypal. Greg, David, and Sodboy (whose name I forget at the moment), thanks for your support, and we'll remember your enthusiasm when the time comes to re-launch.

Again, we're not stopping the project. We're just developing a smarter plan.

Keep hoop alive.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I don't know if this has been considered, but if we could get sponsers, this would be a lot easier.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up

like a raisin in the sun?

Or fester like a sore--

And then run?

Does it stink like rotten meat?

Or crust and sugar over--

like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags

like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Does it dry up

Or fester like a sore--

And then run?

like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags

like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

Beats me, but I'm sure Roy Orbison's written a depressing song about it....

Does it dry up

Or fester like a sore--

And then run?

like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags

like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

Beats me, but I'm sure Roy Orbison's written a depressing song about it....

Not lately.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

An update of sorts: we kind of have Lee roped back into the herd, and we're currently conducting an off-CCSLC discussion regarding the specifics behind the framework behind abahoopdreams, both the concept and the web site.

I think we agree in principle with a basic premise together with how to execute it, so in all likelihood it will simply be a matter of putting the infrastructure in place to support the concept - then launching it all in an orderly, professional manner.

Lee? Would you agree that this thread can be un-pinned, and when the time comes we'll start a new one that goes into more detail about the concept and ask that it be pinned in its place?

nav-logo.png

An update of sorts: we kind of have Lee roped back into the herd, and we're currently conducting an off-CCSLC discussion regarding the specifics behind the framework behind abahoopdreams, both the concept and the web site.

I think we agree in principle with a basic premise together with how to execute it, so in all likelihood it will simply be a matter of putting the infrastructure in place to support the concept - then launching it all in an orderly, professional manner.

Lee? Would you agree that this thread can be un-pinned, and when the time comes we'll start a new one that goes into more detail about the concept and ask that it be pinned in its place?

Yes.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

If any help is needed, count me in guys. I have ideas.....sometimes...

Archived