All it takes is $40 and a dream.

Lee.

Gentlemen, and the odd lady.

Tonight is a night that will live in ecstasy infamy. Tonight is the night that I announce my intentions to purchase a franchise in the American Basketball Association.

As we all know, any :censored: with $20 grand can buy a team. Problem is, this :censored: doesn't have $20 grand. This is where the board comes in.

As was pointed out by my close, personal friend DGNow (whose real name escapes me at the moment), 500 boardmembers each contributing $40 each equals $20,000. Of course, to cover Paypal fees, I'd probably need to get more like 510 members to contribute, that or hit up my dad or mother in law, but whatever. The point it, this is a dream that can be fulfilled. Not just for me, not just for the tax writeoff, but for all of us.

I've set up a paypal account for the express purpose of collecting the funds. If this is a pipe dream and all goes nowhere, then any money collected will be cheerfully refunded, less a 20% restocking fee. My ultimate goal in all of this is to own (or co-own) a team which, in a single ABA season, will play in every logical division from the Pacific Northwest (we'll likely be based in Vancouver or a suburb of Vancouver, since this is my idea) to as far southeast as we can go.

Please note that although I am generally a merrymaker, this isn't necessarily a joke. I'm dead serious about this ABA thing, and even if it goes nowhere past the franchise application stage, at the very least, we can all sit back and say that, at some point in our lives, we owned a pro sports team, even if it WAS in the ABA.

To contribute, please send $40 (or, as in my close, personal friend DGNow's case, a 10% deposit on $40) to aba.dreams@gmail.com, via Paypal.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread. I don't have it all worked out yet, but I'm sure that somewhere between now and $20,000, we'll get it all sussed out.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gentlemen, and the odd lady.

Tonight is a night that will live in ecstasy infamy. Tonight is the night that I announce my intentions to purchase a franchise in the American Basketball Association.

As we all know, any :censored: with $20 grand can buy a team. Problem is, this :censored: doesn't have $20 grand. This is where the board comes in.

As was pointed out by my close, personal friend DGNow (whose real name escapes me at the moment), 500 boardmembers each contributing $40 each equals $20,000. Of course, to cover Paypal fees, I'd probably need to get more like 510 members to contribute, that or hit up my dad or mother in law, but whatever. The point it, this is a dream that can be fulfilled. Not just for me, not just for the tax writeoff, but for all of us.

I've set up a paypal account for the express purpose of collecting the funds. If this is a pipe dream and all goes nowhere, then any money collected will be cheerfully refunded, less a 20% restocking fee. My ultimate goal in all of this is to own (or co-own) a team which, in a single ABA season, will play in every logical division from the Pacific Northwest (we'll likely be based in Vancouver or a suburb of Vancouver, since this is my idea) to as far southeast as we can go.

Please note that although I am generally a merrymaker, this isn't necessarily a joke. I'm dead serious about this ABA thing, and even if it goes nowhere past the franchise application stage, at the very least, we can all sit back and say that, at some point in our lives, we owned a pro sports team, even if it WAS in the ABA.

To contribute, please send $40 (or, as in my close, personal friend DGNow's case, a 10% deposit on $40) to aba.dreams@gmail.com, via Paypal.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread. I don't have it all worked out yet, but I'm sure that somewhere between now and $20,000, we'll get it all sussed out.

This sounds a lot like the new football sim that I'm surprised no one has posted about yet. Basically, you can start out as a free agent and work your way up or you can buy a team.

Hmm. $40? That could get me a red and black Sabres jersey. Tough choices.

Can we get this stickied? It's Important.

That's right. I am currently in for $4, and will happily chip in the remaining $36 when I see commitment from other members here. After all, what is $40? A night out? A cable bill? A sneaker? Now compare that to the glory of being a part-time professional sports franchise owner. You might even get a photocopy of the title of ownership!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Chicks won't :censored: you for owning a red and black Sabres jersey. But tell them you're a team owner, and :censored: will fling itself at you like an octopus heading for the ice at Joe Louis.

Tnak, team names will come later. The franchise will be located here in the Greater Vancouver Regional District, in one of the smaller communities (Burnaby, Coquitlam, New Westminster, etc).

I am currently recruiting Koizim to be player coach for the franchise, since he's a negro and has played basketball in the past. I feel that this will give us a definite advantage over the other teams in the league.

That's right. I am currently in for $4, and will happily chip in the remaining $36 when I see commitment from other members here. After all, what is $40? A night out? A cable bill? A sneaker? Now compare that to the glory of being a part-time professional sports franchise owner. You might even get a photocopy of the title of ownership!

Thank you for your commitment, David. I know you own a pair of Nikes, so you are more than welcome to try out for the team as well, for $5 off the usual $25 open tryout fee.

Also, I just remembered, I had $7.25 in my paypal account. After they ding me $.43 for fees, this raises the tally to $10.83. This is a great day for basketball.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Here is the franchise application page. Man, I can't believe that it's right there on the website.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Chicks won't :censored: you for owning a red and black Sabres jersey. But tell them you're a team owner, and :censored: will fling itself at you like an octopus heading for the ice at Joe Louis.

Tnak, team names will come later. The franchise will be located here in the Greater Vancouver Regional District, in one of the smaller communities (Burnaby, Coquitlam, New Westminster, etc).

I am currently recruiting Koizim to be player coach for the franchise, since he's a negro and has played basketball in the past. I feel that this will give us a definite advantage over the other teams in the league.

If we can actually pull this off, I just might sign on to be a player-coach. That'd be pretty damn cool to be a semi-professional athelete. We'd draw at least as many fans as the Marlins.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

RACIST!!!!

:blues:

Thank you for your commitment, David. I know you own a pair of Nikes, so you are more than welcome to try out for the team as well, for $5 off the usual $25 open tryout fee.

Also, I just remembered, I had $7.25 in my paypal account. After they ding me $.43 for fees, this raises the tally to $10.83. This is a great day for basketball.

So apparently, some of us just have the "necessities" to coach an ABA franchise. You are the next Al Campanis! :P

Now how soon will we fold after the franchise is announced? Can we have a side pool on that too?

Now the most important item is who will draw the worst logo in the history of North American "pro" sports?

RACIST!!!!

:blues:

It's not racism if it's done ironically.

We need an arms-folded smiley.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Forty dollars and a dream; that's all it takes.

The ABA, where 500 people owning one franchise happens.

I'm a broke college student, so I can't really "donate" any money at the moment.

Best of luck in your journey, though.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So apparently, some of us just have the "necessities" to coach an ABA franchise. You are the next Al Campanis! :P

Now how soon will we fold after the franchise is announced? Can we have a side pool on that too?

Now the most important item is who will draw the worst logo in the history of North American "pro" sports?

The Vancouver Fecez

I'm a broke college student, so I can't really "donate" any money at the moment.

We will accept textbooks and co-eds as partial payment.

Check with your parents, though, I'm sure your dad wouldn't mind being a part-owner. Membership here in the CCSLC certainly isn't a requirement.

The Vancouver Fecez

This is completely inadequate, not to mention unacceptable.

You should have an "S" on the end of 'Feces.' Spelling counts, and we must rise above what other teams are doing.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Forty dollars and a dream; that's all it takes.

The ABA, where 500 people owning one franchise happens.

I giggled. Sports Illustrated would probably write that :censored: up, don't you think?

Chris Creamer's Sports Logo and American Basketball Association Community has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I have decided that based on his signature alone, not to mention the fact that he ponied up $4, Gitlin will be my future vice-president. He's a college man, something I think will aid us considerably in this venture, and just one more thing that will give us a competitive advantage over the rest of the league.

Moderators, although a sticky would be great, I think this definitely deserves its own forum. Thank you.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

We will accept textbooks and co-eds as partial payment.

Check with your parents, though, I'm sure your dad wouldn't mind being a part-owner. Membership here in the CCSLC certainly isn't a requirement.

The Vancouver Fecez

You should have an "S" on the end of 'Feces.' Spelling counts, and we must rise above what other teams are doing.

I have English and Math textbooks. I also have the cheerleaders/groupies situation on lock.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

[
The Vancouver Fecez

But Internationalz and All-Starz and Nipplez is fine for this league. I demand a justice! I demand just ice! I demand a popsicle!

Archived