All it takes is $40 and a dream.

Lee.

This is from: http://www.shunpiking.com/ol0405/0405-SR-AW-theabaisfull.htm

"The salary cap for the ABA is $120,000 divided by 12 (about $10,000 per player)," Newman said. "The ABA is a platform for players. International teams offer the players from $10,000 to $20,000 per month and we encourage their taking advantage of the larger contracts. We do not want to stop any young man from his potential. This is not a bad thing."

Yeah, $20,000 is just a piss in the bucket compared to the operating costs.

The real question is, can we sell contracts to teams in other leagues? If we bring a player along, and he gets an offer elsewhere, can we make money on the contract?

And Island, with that kind of attitude, you'll never get far in the sports entertainment field.

I know, but before I invest money I want to make sure there is actually a business model and not just a running joke. Players salary + equipment + lease fees = alot more money than 20,000, alot more money. I just want to know if you know what you are getting in to. I am sitting on alot of money and doing pretty well in the career world. All that means is I can only invest 5,000 to 10,000, but I do think it would be fun if this thing ever went anywhere. I'm just being a realist here. Too bad realist equals downer. :D

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's see... Atlanta, the Bahamas (Bahamas?), Boston, Delaware, Georgia, Jersey... Macon's probably out, but the mid-Atlantic region (say, from DC to Charleston, SC) could work.

Maine? (Closer to Boston, Delaware, Jersey-ish)

Myrtle Beach? (That in SC)

just a few that came to mind..

I like the sound of Myrtle Beach, m'self...

Greenville, SC baby! We already have an arena without a major tenant since the Greenville Grrrowl skipped town.

Arena. You're adorable.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Submit this to Digg and/or Reddit. They love this kinda stuff.

I would, but as Mac said, at the moment we should keep fundraising within the CCSLC. Once money starts coming in from elsewhere, problems (i.e. people with good ideas and wanting a say in what happens) arise.

hmm...someone in area code 317 just called my cell. I wonder who it could be...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Kimbel Arena on the Campus of Coastal Carolina University, about 1,000 Capacity....PERFECT!

Myrtle Beach Marinerzz, here we come!

Joel, want to make some calls on our behalf?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Myrtle Beach is a ways to any highway though. We'd be better off moving down the coast to Charleston.

Perhaps, but there are no tourists in Charleston like there are in MB (that I know of, anyway. I have yet to see a Charleston bumper sticker anywhere).

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Greenville would be good - near perfect, in fact. Raleigh also wouldn't be bad as both WiB and I live here. Who else do we have in the mid-Atlantic?

Memphis also would be a good area - it's smack dab in the middle of the ABA's southern belt.

Raleigh would also give us the opportunity to name the team the Fingerzz.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I would suggest Kankakee, Illinois as a possibility. It's an area far out enough to not be considered part of Chicagoland proper, yet has the draw of the so-called "exurbs." Also, the community seems to have embraced the IBL franchise which relocated there this season, going so far as to upgrade facilities to accomodate them. With only about a 2-week overlap between IBL and ABA seasons, the possibility to sustain both teams in the market is there. Additionally, I do have some media contacts in the area. Joliet could be another possibility.

Hammond, Indiana, and the alleged Chicago franchise would be easy bus trips. Detroit would also be doable.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Both seem viable - K-zoo currently supports the fake IHL, CIFL, and the Frontier League, so we could be the missing basketball component. I don't know about South Bend caring about anything that isn't Notre Dame. The further east we go, the better off we'll probably be as far as travel costs, though.

Kalamazoo would also bring the opportunity for my ideal ABA team name: the Kalamazoo Razzamatazz.

If we do go to Greenville, I say adopting the lime green uniforms of the former Groove is a must.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived