All it takes is $40 and a dream.

Lee.

[
The Vancouver Fecez

This is completely inadequate, not to mention unacceptable.

You should have an "S" on the end of 'Feces.' Spelling counts, and we must rise above what other teams are doing.

But Internationalz and All-Starz and Nipplez is fine for this league. I demand a justice! I demand just ice! I demand a popsicle!

This is conduct unbecoming a team official.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

500 members is a lot of people. I don't know if there are 500 regular posters here. If I had the money ($18.74 in the bank right now) I would consider chipping in, but I don't have it, great idea though. Maybe if you found 40 members to pool together $500 each that might more attainable and easier to manage.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd just like to confirm that this crazy ass idea has my full support. If only for the fact that this will be one hell of a resume builder.

'Semi-professional sports franchise owner?' FANtastic.

500 members is a lot of people. I don't know if there are 500 regular posters here. If I had the money ($18.74 in the bank right now) I would consider chipping in, but I don't have it, great idea though. Maybe if you found 40 members to pool together $500 each that might more attainable and easier to manage.

This kind of thinking will get you nowhere fast in the ABA, my friend.

a $4 deposit (non-refundable) will save your place in the top 3 list of contributors towards the City Name Sports Team.

I'd just like to confirm that this crazy ass idea has my full support. If only for the fact that this will be one hell of a resume builder.

that email address once again is, aba.dreams@gmail.com

Welcome to DrunjFlix

[
The Vancouver Fecez

You should have an "S" on the end of 'Feces.' Spelling counts, and we must rise above what other teams are doing.

But Internationalz and All-Starz and Nipplez is fine for this league. I demand a justice! I demand just ice! I demand a popsicle!

This is conduct unbecoming a team official.

I'm sorry. I see a 'Z' and I just go crazy. Holy :censored:! There's two more of them!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

[
The Vancouver Fecez

Heh...

Back when I was in the business of mass-copying CD's and such, this local rapper called and placed an order. I had to call him back and ask if *plural N-word* was spelled with an "S" or a "Z".

I'm so white....

Not just owner -- you were in at the very beginning. That makes you an owner, founder, and facilitator of hopes and dreams.

(Of course, there's always the possibility that this is just some grand scheme for me to have bought Lamicus a Big Mac. If so, I'm still okay with that. Sometimes you have to be in it to win it.)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

[
The Vancouver Fecez

Heh...

Back when I was in the business of mass-copying CD's and such, this local rapper called and placed an order. I had to call him back and ask if *plural N-word* was spelled with an "S" or a "Z".

I'm so white....

'Z'

In other non-26th letter-related news, I have changed my avatar so that it will correspond to my future position.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

There are enough kids who will go into their mom's purse and take out the necessary money. if not that, there is another easy source of funding for those of us based in the US...The Economic Stimulus Package!

What better way to stimulate the economy, as well as other things as to buy a share (or 12)! That said, we need to have the team in Washington just to replace the Sonics (and help the US, sorry Canada). Sorry, Senator George or whatever your name is, we need to expand back to the US where the $$$ be! Thankfully, our OPs don't want to bring the team to Manitoba or Quebec City!

There are enough kids who will go into their mom's purse and take out the necessary money. if not that, there is another easy source of funding for those of us based in the US...The Economic Stimulus Package!

What better way to stimulate the economy, as well as other things as to buy a share (or 12)! That said, we need to have the team in Washington just to replace the Sonics (and help the US, sorry Canada). Sorry, Senator George or whatever your name is, we need to expand back to the US where the $$$ be! Thankfully, our OPs don't want to bring the team to Manitoba or Quebec City!

I, for one, would have no problem placing the team in Seattle. Or possibly Kent.

If we get enough, perhaps we could return a team to Bellingham, WA. They would have been a perfect geographic rival for our endeavour.

Also, as an update, I am in the process of creating one of the finest free websites that the ABA has seen in months. I will update with the URL soon.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Hmm....I already work for a sports team(s) with a cluster-:censored: group of an ownership. I guess that makes me qualified for some sort of executive spot....

I once watched a basketball game, so I guess I'm qualified too....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Hey, this is the ABA. If you don't like where the team is, wait a minute. Teams in the ABA move more than a crackhead with Parkinsons's Disease.

In the academic literature, this is what we call a "policy window." The sports world stars are in alignment for big time basketball in the Puget Sound region. One well loved basketball franchise is on its way out, and there is no better time for another one to takes its place. The Seattle region (or even Bellingham!) needs sports entertainment options, and fast. If the CCSLC ABA Basketball Operations Exploratory Group Ltd. is searching for the best market in which to base operations, the PNW may just be that place.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hey, this is the ABA. If you don't like where the team is, wait a minute. Teams in the ABA move more than a crackhead with Parkinsons's Disease.

Or do you mean moving as much as there is a thread here as well as on the SportsLogos section of this board?

In the academic literature, this is what we call a "policy window." The sports world stars are in alignment for big time basketball in the Puget Sound region. One well loved basketball franchise is on its way out, and there is no better time for another one to takes its place. The Seattle region (or even Bellingham!) needs sports entertainment options, and fast. If the CCSLC ABA Basketball Operations Exploratory Group Ltd. is searching for the best market in which to base operations, the PNW may just be that place.

We don't need some, err 500 Mark Cubans trying to get their own press conferences in their little towns across the country or start their little blogs. Those unclear 18 who donate are like those who bought shares for the Boston Celtics when they went public. Someone make a certificate on Word to have for the general meeting. Or should have I put that in the "Request" section?

Or do you mean moving as much as there is a thread here as well as on the SportsLogos section of this board?

That was the genesis of the idea. The kernel, if you will. This thread is its continuation, the beginning of our odyssey.

Also, hey, we now have a website, easily beyond the quality of many sites already in use by the ABA.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm a broke college student who's totally game for this.

I'll work on actually putting money in the account tomorrow, but I'm down.

That said, what's your plan for running the team Lee?

$20,000 is the league fee, but it's obviously going to take more to keep the team going.

Oh. And I actually just realized that my job with the University of Illinois athletic dept. may have a say in whether or not I can actually be a part of a professional franchise. I'm not sure. But I know there's crazy NCAA rules...wouldn't be about the University actually getting punished (because I'm just not that important), but rather me keeping my job. So...don't mark me down yet, but one way or another I'm a supporter.

Pfft. I'm pretty sure the 500/$40 thing was MY idea. The "$40 and a Dream" is me too (by way of New York State Lotto). You can atone for this oversight by placing this fellow somewhere on your website:

number1.png

Archived