All it takes is $40 and a dream.

Lee.

scouting cheap hosting as we speak.

I just kicked in enough for a month through GoDaddy. If you want, I'll register the domain and set something up through there as well, in hopes of persuading Yzerfan to perhaps modify the design used by my organization for this project. Yzer?

nav-logo.png

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've currently sourced a cheap hosting service through the good people at SomethingAwful.com, so I think we can run through there rather nicely.

A parked page should be up very, very soon.

*edit- Mac, I was already knee-deep in signing up when you posted that. Ive registered abahoopdreams.com through another site, but if you want to set up a redirect through godaddy, be my guest. This will set you up as the 4th 'executive' within the team; Myself as President and CEO, Gitlin as Executive VP, Koizim as Player-Coach, and You as, I dunno, Chief Information Officer, maybe even a VP of something.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

If you want, I'll register the domain and set something up through there as well, in hopes of persuading Yzerfan to perhaps modify the design used by my organization for this project. Yzer?

If we're starting using that as a template, bring it on. I can do that.

If no one's spent money on hosting yet, O6 Web Services will offer to donate space in return for being the Official Web Services Provider of the Wyoming Marinerzz of Vancouver.

Woah...we're at $60 already? I might ratchet up $16 later, with the other $20 coming with the next paycheck.

Dreams are coming true.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If you want, I'll register the domain and set something up through there as well, in hopes of persuading Yzerfan to perhaps modify the design used by my organization for this project. Yzer?

If we're starting using that as a template, bring it on. I can do that.

If no one's spent money on hosting yet, O6 Web Services will offer to donate space in return for being the Official Web Services Provider of the Wyoming Marinerzz of Vancouver.

I just dropped $13 on a domain name and hosting, but I can split there in a month and redirect the namehosting over to you.

Come June 15, just walk me through it all.

Also, we now have two legitimate team names for this project, the Marinerzz and the CinderFellazz. WHen the time comes, there will be a public "vote."

*Ninja edit: I'm also placing "Ham Fighters" up for consideration.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

CinderFellazz is funny, but Marinerzz has so much history around it. It must be used....make Lee's dream come to fruition!

The Chilliwack Phunk Marinerzz?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

So, does this mean I'm currently the majority owner? Because if it does, I'm going to abuse my influence while I've got the chance.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So, does this mean I'm currently the majority owner? Because if it does, I'm going to abuse my influence while I've got the chance.

This just means you're the only one with enough disposable income to put down the full $40 instead of the 10% deposit. Hold your horses, there, sonny Jim.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I never visit the "General" section, but I have been swept off my feet with this idea. I know this isn't in the nature of the joke (or the ABA for that matter), but why not try to make money on this, instead of pee away the 20,000 for a title on a resume? Back to the topic at hand. I have a good amount of money(that all needs to go towards paying off student loans). Why shouldn't I just run for my own ABA franchise with it? Impress me and let me sit the bench all season and I will kick in much better than $40.

The first step is actually getting the franchise. We can worry about making money later.

Believe me, the ultimate goal really is owning a team; if it actually plays a game or, should the stars align, being able to parlay said team into a better league, then so be it.

I'm also planning on being able to use some of the sure-to-be-coming publicity of this project as collateral with the league, to obtain a discounted franchise fee; that way, we can use some of the additional funds gathered towards uniforms, van rentals, arena/gymnasium rentals, etc.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The first step is actually getting the franchise. We can worry about making money later.

Believe me, the ultimate goal really is owning a team; if it actually plays a game or, should the stars align, being able to parlay said team into a better league, then so be it.

I'm also planning on being able to use some of the sure-to-be-coming publicity of this project as collateral with the league, to obtain a discounted franchise fee; that way, we can use some of the additional funds gathered towards uniforms, van rentals, arena/gymnasium rentals, etc.

Should/when the day comes that were are close....I might see if a contact of mine would be interested in the venture. He' s bigger time than this, but it could work. He owns some teams, just not basketball.

We'll see, and no, I'm not saying who he is. He's legit and not Joe Kolegdiveslkyskwewexdvc.

Let's gain some initial momentum and go from there. I know once we get a solid base, we can speed this bad boy down the information superhighway for additional play.

No, the first step is getting the MONEY. We can get the franchise anytime; I'm sure Joe will take the money whenever it's offered.

The ultimate goal shouldn't be to just own a team, but for that team to play. Anything else is pissing money down a hole. Like I've said, anything worth doing is worth doing seriously.

Can I put my "President of Business Operations" (or whatever spiffy title you want me to use) hat on here? Before we all start getting plane tickets to Vancouver, Rochester or wherever the hell this team's going, we need to actually discuss a few things... like how this is going to be structured, who's going to be in charge of what, where (if we get the franchise) it will ultimately play, who's going to handle gameday ops, web site ops, corporate sponsorship ops, ticket sales, and a whole boatload of other things.

Let's not but the cart before Sarah Jessica Parker, people.

nav-logo.png

No, the first step is getting the MONEY. We can get the franchise anytime; I'm sure Joe will take the money whenever it's offered.

The ultimate goal shouldn't be to just own a team, but for that team to play. Anything else is pissing money down a hole. Like I've said, anything worth doing is worth doing seriously.

Can I put my "President of Business Operations" (or whatever spiffy title you want me to use) hat on here? Before we all start getting plane tickets to Vancouver, Rochester or wherever the hell this team's going, we need to actually discuss a few things... like how this is going to be structured, who's going to be in charge of what, where (if we get the franchise) it will ultimately play, who's going to handle gameday ops, web site ops, corporate sponsorship ops, ticket sales, and a whole boatload of other things.

Mac has a legit argument, Lee. We do need to have some structure, and I do think getting a team to actually play is the goal, not just pooling $20,000 to be rejected because we don't have financial backing.

We should run this like a real team.

Once the site is live, we'll set up dedicated forums. This will be a reality, no matter how much business sense you insist on putting into this.

And Mac, you're right. We do need to sit down with a plan, and quite frankly, since I have little to no experience in anything like this, I need those with some kind of business acumen on my side. I also need those with money on my side, so Streets, keep your contact in the chafing dish, ready to go.

If need be, I could be able to call in a favor from the owner of the company I worked for back in Winnipeg; he was the owner of the old Winnipeg Cyclone (IBA), he might have some advice as well.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived