What happens when you bring your kid(s) to work.

fiasco!

I brought my son to work with me on Friday, and as happens when I bring my daughter to work, we mocked up a billboard for him, printed it out and put it on some mini-structures, so he could bring some home and give them to his grandparents and friends. I asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up, and he responded with "race car driver". We did a little photo shoot, grabbed some stock photography, headed over to Brands of the World for some logos, and this is what came out.

TheoNascar.jpg

Below is the finished product, along with the one I did with my daughter a while ago (the flash on the camera makes it look goofy). It's just fun to be able to share what you do for a living with your kids.

DSCN1100.jpg

How killer! Love it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

that's so awesome joel - i bet he flipped when you gave that to him :)

He was here for every step of the way, observed the whole thing and basically art directed the project.

the worst part is, the kid won this month's billboard contest, and was offered a job at 5k a year higher than what Joel is making.

Very cool, J. I wish I had a neat job.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

That is very cool fiasco. Tell your son good job. What are the structures used for the billboards?

They're just little plastic mini-billboard structures that we give to clients with their artwork in them. Clients eat that :censored: up.

Very cool!

He'll definitely remember what you do for a living too :)

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That is very cool fiasco. Tell your son good job. What are the structures used for the billboards?

They're just little plastic mini-billboard structures that we give to clients with their artwork in them. Clients eat that :censored: up.

Yes, they do. I still have one from the first airline I worked for, and it went under in 1987. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived