NHRA's Scott Kalitta killed in crash......

BRUINSFAN

Wow, you never like to hear news like this. Sadly, it happens all too much in the NHRA.

:(

I wouldn't like to hear stories like this either, but these cars are going at 300 mph and yes, they do get out of control. Luckily, the car did not kill any spectators.

I saw, I came, I left.

That was the worst crash I ever seen, I wonder what killed him the first explosion or the crash it seemed that the car was not in control any more when it ran off the track, just a horrifying accident.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That was the worst crash I ever seen, I wonder what killed him the first explosion or the crash it seemed that the car was not in control any more when it ran off the track, just a horrifying accident.

He was actually alive after the crash.. he died at the hospital. Can't believe he made it that far.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Probably the impact. I don't know a lot about NHRA cars so I am just guessing. He probably couldn't see because of the fire and therefore could not slow the car in time. From the looks of the video, he hit the retaining wall at full speed which seemed to cause another explosion. In any case, it's a terrible tragedy.

EDIT: One theory from an analyst on ESPN says that Kalitta may have been knocked out from the concussion of the explosion and that's why the car never slowed down. Once he hit the sand and the retaining wall the car went airborne and flew into the woods at an estimated 200 mph. The analyst said that hitting the retaining wall and going airborne at that speed greatly reduced the survivability of the accident.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Archived