Orlando Magic

Conrad.

I don't like them sorry. The banners seem to weave in and out and behind the star and just looks off. Also, the banners look like lightning, which makes me think of a different Florida team of a different sport. And the star with 20 on it looks like something they'd wear if a player that wore #20 died.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I don't like the double "charger stripe/ribbon" on top. the above one especially looks forced and wrong. Plus I would change the "20" font cause it reminds me of their Shaq-era numbers font. Otherwise I think it looks alright.

i used the old number font b/c this logo is a "commemoration" of the years they have been in the league, so i figured the old number font would be a nice retrospective element...

to everyone: i used the "charger bolts" because its an element here in the streak of the ball:

h2k5cbia6m8e1dbdcfxfgre84.gif

would it be better if they didnt come to a point, but squared off?

btw, the number font is not a font i have, i just traced the numbers from some pics i have.

Charlotte and Miami joined together in 88-89, Minnesota and Orlando were expansion mates the next year.

So if Orlando joined in 89-90, this logo would be used for the 09-10 season. Conrad would need to make a "20th Season" logo for use in 08-09...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't like the double "charger stripe/ribbon" on top. the above one especially looks forced and wrong. Plus I would change the "20" font cause it reminds me of their Shaq-era numbers font. Otherwise I think it looks alright.

i used the old number font b/c this logo is a "commemoration" of the years they have been in the league, so i figured the old number font would be a nice retrospective element...

would it be better if they didnt come to a point, but squared off?

btw, the number font is not a font i have, i just traced the numbers from some pics i have.

IMO, it would look better if you seperated the tail from the midsection of the ribbon, and darken the tails so that it looks like the midsection casts a shadow on the tails, like so:

fgdsf.png

Of course, you could probably illustrate it much better.

I'd also make the ribbons (or the whole logo in general) a lot larger, and put the full dates (1989-2009).

It will look a lot more complete, IMO.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I would keep the 20 font; those Shaq years were the best yet. Why wouldn't you celebrate your only trip to the Finals with the font of the jersey you were wearing when you got there?

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

The top ribbon still looks awful(well, just really really forced and awkward). Take it out and put the years in the "shadows" of the main ribbon. Also, the "20" looks too small in proportion with the star; I'd make them a little closer in size one way or the other.

here is an update on the main logo:

magic_anny2.gif

*added the full years

*added a darker blue (circa 90s era blue) to the "shadows" of the ribbons and as an inline stroke to the 20

*added stars b4 and after ANNIVERSARY to set it off a bit more

thoughts?

Much, much better IMO.

Only thing I'd do now is maybe make the top ribbon continuous across the top instead of having the star break it into two.

Once you do that I think you have (close to) a winner.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived