Sweet home chicago

Frylock

I've been tinkering with these for a while, and figured I'd post them.  The basic idea isn't original, as it copies that 1930's look that the Blackhawks used for the 1991/92 throwback jerseys.  But this time, white and red with a new logo.

Chicago Blackhawks - white

Chicago Blackhawks - red

Logos courtesy TheSLE.com, template and resources courtesy Roger Clemente, CCM and Koho logos courtesy the Russian site.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I like Chicago's throwback, but the problem I have with it is the difficulty of putting the numbers and letters on there.

Your's is nice.  That new C logo with the feathers is very cool.  I can't say I'm keen on that Captain's diamond.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think those are pretty good, I'm not a fan of the jersey style, but that's just because I'm a non-traditionalist. As far as the logo goes, all you need is some consistency in the outlining (ie. make the thickness of the feathers' outlines and the thickness of the 'C's outline equal), and it's fine. I like the crossed-tomahawks better with the C, but again, that's a matter of personal preference. Good work.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

You took the greatest logo in all of sports off the chest of that jersey?

[grandpa simpson]For shame!!!!!![/grandpa simpson] :)

seriously dude, not a good movie in my opinion. I love the jersey designs, but leave that 'Hawks crest where it is now.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Thanks for the feedback, guys!  It's given me a lot to think about.  A few specific comments...

Regarding the logo: I was actually inspired to mix the "C" and the feathers after seeing the Portland Winter Hawks (same Chicago motif) use just the feathers on some scoreboard graphics, and I wondered how it would look with the "C".

Regarding the stripes: I'm like YzerFan and RC, I think the Chicago throwbacks are the greatest.  I like the sharp, multiple lines.  It looks like it's in motion.  Perhaps the second best throwbacks are the Toronto jerseys that the Leafs wore on occasion during their last season at MLG.

JQK -- I love the Chicago logos, too.  They are classics.  I wouldn't recommend the Hawks ever do this seriously.  It was just an idea to see how it would look.  Incidentally, I thought combining the Indian with the tomahawks was more politically incorrect than anything they currently have.  Great Simpsons ref!

SyPhi -- Good call on the thickness variations on the "C" logo.  I hadn't noticed that before.

Roger -- I knew the comment about letters and numbers would come up.  I understand what you're talking about, but I don't recall many issues when Chicago, Boston, and Detroit wore multi-striped throwbacks in 1991/92.  It's not a problem for me.  The Captain's "C" in the diamond is kind of a nod to the Detroit throwbacks.

Thanks again guys!  :)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Roger -- I knew the comment about letters and numbers would come up.  I understand what you're talking about, but I don't recall many issues when Chicago, Boston, and Detroit wore multi-striped throwbacks in 1991/92.  It's not a problem for me.  The Captain's "C" in the diamond is kind of a nod to the Detroit throwbacks.

For the whole four days I had my customized Detroit throwback (I sent it back to get fixed), I was looking at the lettering and numbering thinking "That looks so cool up close, but how did the TV people tolerate it in 1991-92 and that one game in 1994?"  I can remember seeing it on TV, but I don't remember how it looked.

i love that concept! that would make a killer 3rd/4th jersey!

The day every team starts adopting a 4th jersey is the day I take a stand as an old, crotchety 17-year old! Honestly, 3 is enough. One for home, one for away, and one for special occasions (or merchandise revenue).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Snow, the Rangers at one time had dark and white alts at the same time I believe. The Ducks did this too. The league I believe made a rule only allowing three. The Rangers were going to swap each year, one year white, the next blue. However, they decided just to stick with blue. Check nhluniforms.com for better info.

all i gotta say is the red one is pimp!  i like what you did with the logos, and that diamond is a cool touch.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the red one is cool. the white one though, just goes to show that belly stripes could never work on a predominately white jersey because of number visibility. Nothing against you frylock, but even I tried a white jersey w/ belly striping and there was no way I could have made the numbers readable.

must be a legit reason why the habs ditched thier belly-striped white jersey.

Archived