dutch lacrosse federation logo

jpegregor

hi there,

this is my design for the dutch lacrosse federation.

its based on the design of a tulip, cause the netherlands are famous for tulips (and of course other "flowers"). i used the colors red, white and blue - these are the colors of their national flag and orange is the national color.

so, what do you think of this design?

nllax.jpg

enjoy the game...

jpegregor

#1 - I think it's really really good. You got the "racket" thing they use there and the tulip. Simple, relevant. Beauty.

#2 - I dont care for the font. I think most leagues would rather let the font be simpler.

#3 - there is a little hiccup on the blue petal, where it meets the racket, that could be touched up.

Otherwise...my compliments.

Is this a contest or a client of yours or a fantasy?

PS - whats with the never got used Caps avatar???

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I hate to pile on, but I just wanted to say, lovely simplicity... i htink the concept kicks major tail. The font doesn't bother me as much as the font size. Maybe a change of font will allow it to be more legible.

Nicely done.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

sterling84, njtank, jpslapshot22 and paynomind, thank you very much for your tips and compliments.

this logo is for real.

i´m playing for the maastricht lacrosse club. we´ve been the first dutch lacrosse club and are kind of the ambassadors of dutch lacrosse. we helped founding all other dutch lacrosse teams and now it´s time to build up a federation. also, we have to get the national team together for the european championships. that´s why i builded this logo.

if seen the hicup too and i will clean it up for the final version. this is just a raw design. but thanks for your sharp eyes.

i like the font i used, because it seems to me a nice contrats to the simple logo. with the font it´s kind of a letter head logo. for jerseys i´ll use only the tulip. but if you hav any ideas which font i should try, please post it.

by the way: on the request board i have a post concerning the avengers logo. if you have any ideas, p l e a s e h e l p m e !

thanks again!

to sterling84: yeah, all my questions concerning the "alternate" caps logo were answered - thanks!

i love your designs, especially the cougars logo for the youth team, the bucks concept and... the moooooooooooose!

enjoy the game...

jpegregor

I love the concept, though the middle's a little too void for my tastes. What about adding some netting, also in orange?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

What about adding some netting, also in orange?

I'd agree, but it would have to be done tastefully... if I had the time to show you, I would, but I'll try to use words to explain... I think the netting should be apparent in the very centre of the white space, however each individual strand should narrow to nothing (a bit of a non-gradient fade) before the mesh reaches the surrounding stick.

Tough to explain...

I really think this concept is top notch... well done! Hope everything goes well for the federation!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Yeah, I think netting precisely as SyPhi suggested would be worth the try. Just to see it.

But you'll be the judge and it's awesome without it, so whichever.

I didn't mean to make it seem like I dont like that font. I do, it's just a little complex. I think most leagues go for quick hitting recognizeability. But its not as though its bad.

If you go with it, (your prerogative and it looks sweet anyway) then maybe look at the line spacing. The top and bottom seem a hair too far apart.

But as everyone has repeatedly said. Its swiggity sweet.

Thanks for my Moose-y props. 'Preciate it.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

What about adding some netting, also in orange?

I'd agree, but it would have to be done tastefully... if I had the time to show you, I would, but I'll try to use words to explain... I think the netting should be apparent in the very centre of the white space, however each individual strand should narrow to nothing (a bit of a non-gradient fade) before the mesh reaches the surrounding stick.

Tough to explain...

I really think this concept is top notch... well done! Hope everything goes well for the federation!

I can picture what you mean, but it'll be tough to pull off without complicating his design. I think that adding that kind of detail, however subtle, is going to take away from the other elements.

The simplicity of the whole thing is what makes it so great, and the white space is part of that effect. Also, each element in the design is symbolic of something, and clearly represents what it symbolizes. The addition of netting won't contribute any additional meaning, only more detail.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Very well done - I like the tulip as part of the logo with the LAX stick. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

eqtmr, kcscout76, winters in buffalo, sterling84, syphi, brian in boston, mockba, cuss 16 - thank you all for the tips and compliments! :notworthy:

in the next days i´ll post the logo with some netting in the lacrosse head. i think it will destroy the clean look, but it´s worth a try.

by the way...

on the request board i have a post concerning a logo for a new lacrosse team. "avengers" was the first idea, but we´re thinking about an alternative. "stags" or "bucks" are top of the list at the moment.

so if you have a nice and unused logo, p l e a s e h e l p m e !

thanks for your time!

enjoy the game...

jpegregor

Archived